These chocolate toffee Rice Krispie treats are very easy and SUPER gooey and they are the best Rice Krispies I have ever had. They are extra buttery and filled with toffee pieces and mini chocolate chips. This is way better than a classic Rice Krispie treat!
Why Are These Chocolate Toffee Rice Krispie Treats So Good?
Okay, so imagine a traditional Rice Krispie treat. They are super sweet and usually hard as a rock right? Nothing worse than a hard rice krispie treat!
These chocolate toffee Rice Krispie treats are so GOOEY. They have extra butter and less Rice Krispies, so they stay super gooey too. They have the perfect consistency.
These treats also have chocolate toffee pieces and mini chocolate chips that tone down the sweetness from the marshmallows. I put a lot of the toffee and chocolate chips in this recipe so they are loaded!
If you need an easy dessert to bring to a party, these Rice Krispie treats will be the most popular. Guaranteed!
This blog receives a commission for using Amazon products for the food recipes that I shared with you in my posts. Although I receive a commission for using and linking their products, they are extremely good for my food recipes and all my opinions and suggestions are unbiased.
Steps To Make These Rice Krispie Treats
To make these Rice Krispie treats, there are 4 easy steps.
- Melt the butter– First, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Melt the marshmallows– Pour the marshmallows into the butter and whisk until melted.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies– Add the salt, vanilla, and the cereal.
- Fold in the chocolate– Let it rest and then fold in the toffee and mini chocolate chips.
That’s it! Then you pour it into the pan and let it set!
How To Make Chocolate Toffee Rice Krispie Treats
As you can probably see, these are SO easy to make. There are few extra tips that I use to make them perfect every time.
Start by melting the butter in a medium sized saucepan on medium until the butter starts to bubble. The butter will be hot and be completely melted.
Next, add the entire bag of mini marshmallows to the butter. Mini marshmallows are the best because they melt quicker. You can use larger marshmallows, it will just take longer.
Whisk the marshmallows continuously until it just melted. As soon as it’s melted, take it off the heat.
Add the vanilla and flaky sea salt and stir. If you don’t have flaky sea salt, you can use regular salt. It will bubble a little bit. Next fold in the Rice Krispie cereal. Use a rubber spatula to make sure all the butter is mixed in.
Preparing The Gooey Rice Krispie Treats
After you fold in the cereal, it needs to sit for 2 minutes. It is going to be very hot and letting it cool will keep the chocolate from melting so fast.
Next, pour in HALF of the toffee pieces and HALF of the mini chocolate chips. Then, fold it in with a rubber spatula exactly 3 times. It sounds silly, but any more than that will make the chocolate melt. Then your treats will get all muddy.
Immediately after you fold in the chocolate, pour it directly in an 8X8 pan. Then, sprinkle the rest of the toffee and chocolate chips on top and use your fingers to compact it down.
Let it sit at room temperate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then dig in!
How To Store Chocolate Toffee Rice Krispie Treats
To store them, keep them in the pan with a cover at room temperature. They will last for 5 days.
Don’t store these in the fridge. If you do, they will harden.
They are the best after sitting for 1 hour. I know, they won’t last long!
Can These Be Gluten Free?
Yes they can! You can use gluten free rice cereal or chex cereal. It will taste just as good!
What Else Can I Use?
If you want to try different mix ins for this, I recommend these:
- Crushed chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter chips
- Honey roasted nuts
- Caramel drizzle
Other Recipes To Try
- Easy Cinnamon Banana Scones
- Salted caramel fudge brownies
- S’mores bars
- Brownie and cookie dough sandwiches
Chocolate Toffee Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 TBSP Unsalted butter
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows 1 whole bag
- 1/4 tsp Flaky sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Toffee chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup Mini chocolate chips
- Spray an 8X8 pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside. In a medium saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter. Heat until the butter starts to be bubbly.
- Add the entire bag of marshmallows and stir with a rubber spatula. Stir until the marshmallows are just melted. Take off the heat. Add in the vanilla and salt and stir.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies until the butter is mixed in. Let it sit for 2 minutes. Pour HALF of the toffee and mini chocolate chips. Fold in the chocolate very gently, only 3 times. If you work it too much the chocolates gets muddied into the treats.
- Pour the Rice Krispies directly into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the rest of the toffee and chocolate chips on top and use your hands to press it down.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour. They should be gooey and soft. Store covered at room temperature.