This funfetti edible cookie dough is low in sugar and made with no eggs. It is filled with two types of rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. It can be made in 15 minutes!
How To Make The Cookie Dough
This cookie dough is super simple to make!
- Room temperature butter- Pull the butter out 2 hours before making this dough. It will be a lot easier for the butter to mix with the sugar.
- Beat butter and sugars together- Beat these three together until it is very light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and milk- The milk replaces the eggs so it is safe to eat. You can use whatever milk you would like.
- Mix in flour and salt- The flour needs to be heat treated, so it is safe to eat.
- Add in mix ins- To make this cookie dough more fun, add in two type of sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
Heat Treated Flour
Most all-purpose flour is raw and is unsafe to eat.
To fix this, bake the flour on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes and let it cool completely.
Once it is cool, then sift the flour and add to the cookie dough. Now the dough is safe to eat!
What Types Of Sprinkles
The best rainbow sprinkles are crunchy sprinkles. The cheap sprinkles at the grocery store are too chalky for this recipe.
The Best White Chocolate Chips
Since the white chocolate chips is a big component of this cookie dough, you need high quality white chocolate chips.
Cheaper brands of white chocolate chips are often vanilla flavored and not actually white chocolate.
My favorite brand is ghirardelli chocolate because the chips are actually white chocolate.
What To Use This Cookie Dough With
Now you can absolutely eat this funfetti edible cookie dough with a spoon. However, you can also use it in different recipes.
- Put the cookie dough as filling in funfetti cupcakes or layered cake.
- Put in extra milk and spread it on top of brownies like a frosting.
- Roll into tiny balls and use it in ice cream or in cheesecake.
Storing The Dough
The funfetti edible cookie dough can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature. It will be good up to 1 week.
Other Cookie Dough Recipes To Try
Funfetti Edible Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup White granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 cups Flour heat treated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup Rainbow nonpareil sprinkles
- 1/2 cup White chocolate chips Quality brand
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread the flour over the cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and chill completely. This heat treated flour is now safe to eat.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the heat treated flour and the salt. Set aside. Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until pale and fluffy. Add in milk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add both sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Chill for 15 minutes before eating.