These mini chocolate strawberry cheesecakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat! These mini cheesecakes are bite sized and baked in a muffin tin. They have a graham cracker crust, and a super creamy cheesecake. They are topped with chocolate ganache and chocolate covered strawberries.
How To Make Graham Cracker Crust
This crust is super easy to make! All you need is graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar.
First, blend the crumbs in a food processor until a fine crumb forms. Then, mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter together with a fork. It should be wet and clump together.
Use a 1 TBSP to scoop and compact the crust. Pour each scoop into the muffin liners.
To compact the crust, use the end of a spice jar or the bottom of a 1/8 measuring cup. Make sure to compact it all down!
Tips To Make Cheesecake Batter
- Room temperature ingredients- Pull out all dairy ingredients 2 hours before baking. Room temperature ingredients help to make a creamy cheesecake batter.
- Use a hand mixer- To get the most control over the batter, use a hand mixer. Just make sure to keep scraping the bowl.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar- First, beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. It should be fluffy. Then, add in the sugar and beat. The addition of the sugar will make it creamy.
- Add in egg on low- Once the egg is added, turn the mixer to low. Adding a bunch of air into the egg will cause the cheesecake to crack.
- No water bath- No water bath for this recipe! Since they bake for a short time, they don’t need the added moisture.
- Scoop batter- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the batter evenly on top of the crust.
Chilling The Cheesecakes
Once the cheesecakes are done baking, turn off the oven and prop open the door. Let them sit for 15 minutes. Having them slowly cool in a warm environment will keep the moisture and reduce cracks.
Once completely cool, make sure to chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours. I prefer overnight. As the cheesecakes cool, the texture will change to dense and ultra creamy.
Decorating with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Don’t decorate these mini chocolate strawberry cheesecakes until right before serving. Otherwise, the strawberries can form condensation from sitting in the fridge.
Start, by melting the chocolate melts in the microwave. The chocolate melts harden fast, which makes them the best for strawberries. Once the chocolate is melted, grab the strawberry by the leaves and dip it in.
To prevent the strawberries from sticking, place them on wax paper. Once all of the strawberries are dipped place them in the fridge for 5 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
Then, make the chocolate ganache. Save 1/4 of the ganache to drizzle on top of the strawberries. Use a piping bag or a squeeze bottle to drizzle on top of strawberries.
Spoon the chocolate on top of the cheesecakes and top with the strawberries.
You can top the strawberries like I did here, or you top with other fun things. If you aren’t using the drizzle, place topping on while the chocolate is still wet. You could use:
- Crushed candies
- Crushed nuts
- Crushed pretzels
I liked the chocolate on chocolate method.
How To Store The Cheesecakes
These mini chocolate strawberry cheesecakes should be stored in an air tight container in the fridge. They will last up to 3-4 days in the fridge all decorated.
You can make the mini cheesecakes ahead of time. You can make them up to a week ahead of time and they will still be creamy and delicous.
Other Mini Cheesecake Recipes To Try
- Mini salted caramel cheesecakes
- Funfetti mini cheesecakes
- Mini chocolate cheesecakes
- Mini s’mores cheesecakes
Mini Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecakes
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/8 cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 4 TBSP Unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup White granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup Sour cream room temperature
- 1/8 cup Heavy cream room temperature
- 1 Large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 12 Strawberries washed and dried
- 3/4 cup High quality chocolate melts ghirardelli is a great brand
- Mini chocolate chips For decoration
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Crush up 3/4 of a graham cracker packet in a blender to get 1 1/2 cup of crushed graham cracker crumbs. Place in a medium bowl.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter together with a fork. It should be wet and clump together slightly. Use a 1 TBSP to scoop and compact the crust. Place 1 scoop per muffin liner. Use a 1/8 measuring cup to compact the crust.
- Use a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. Add in the sugar and beat again for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl. Add in sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg and mix on low. Mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the batter into each liner. Make sure to smooth out each top before baking. Use all of the batter.
- Bake 16-19 minutes The cheesecake is done when the middle has a very slight jiggle and the edges are set. Turn off the oven and crack open the door. Let the cheesecakes sit in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, transfer to a cooling rack. Allow the cheesecakes to cool completely.
- Place cheesecakes in an air tight container and chill in the fridge for 6 hours or over night.
- Pour chocolate chips in a bowl. Set aside. Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Heat until hot and steaming. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Then, take off cheesecake wrappers. Save 1/4 of the chocolate for a drizzle.
- Use a 1/2 TBSP to scoop the chocolate ganache on top of each cheesecake.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wash and dry strawberries. Make sure they are very dry. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Then, line with wax paper.
- Place chocolates in a microwave safe bowl. Start by heating on defrost for 30 seconds. Stir well. Then, heat for 15 second intervals. Make sure to stir thoroughly between heating. The last bit of chocolate should be melted when stirring and not in the microwave.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate. Shake the dripping chocolate off a little bit. Place chocolate strawberry on wax paper. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Drizzle the remaining ganache over the strawberries while still on the pan. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips if desired. Place strawberries on top of the mini cheesecakes. Sprinkle a little more mini chocolate chips on top. Store in the fridge.