These mini key lime cheesecakes are bite sized and perfect for a party. They taste just like key lime pie! They have a graham cracker crust, and zesty key lime cheesecake batter. On top is homemade whipped cream and a lime slice.
How To Make Graham Cracker Crust
These mini cheesecakes are baked in a 12 cup muffin tin. Line the muffin tin with muffin liners, then make the crust!
First, blend the graham crackers into crumbs by using a food processor. Blend until fine crumbs remain.
Combine the crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter together with a fork. It should be wet and stick together.
Use a 1 tablespoon and scoop and compact the crumbs. Scoop 1 ball into each muffin liner. Use a ⅛ measuring to compact the crust down.
Tips To Make Cheesecake Batter
- Use hand mixer- A hand mixer will give you the most control when beating the batter.
- Pull out dairy ingredients- Pull these out 2 hours before baking.
- Use zest of lime- Make sure to actually zest 1 lime to get the best flavor.
- Key lime juice- Use key lime juice instead of regular lime juice.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar- Beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute to get it smooth. Then, add in the sugar to get it creamy. Make sure to scrape the bowl so no cream cheese lumps remain.
- Beat egg on low- Add in the egg and mix on low until just combined. To prevent cracks, add as little air as possible to the egg.
The batter will smell so citrusy! Use a cookie scoop to fill each muffin liner with the batter. Use all of the batter.
Next, bake for 18-20 minutes until there is a tiny jiggle in the middle.
Cooling The Cheesecakes
Once the cheesecakes are done baking, turn off the oven and crack open the door. Let them sit in the oven for 20 minutes. This allows the cheesecakes to slowly cool.
Next, let them cool completely on a cooling rack. Cover them and store in an air tight container. Let it chill for at least 6 hours. I always make them the day before, so they can chill overnight.
This part is SO important. As cheesecake chills, the texture changes. It becomes more dense like the cheesecake we know and love. It also becomes a lot more stable once it chills.
Remove the wrappers once the mini key lime cheesecakes are finished chilling.
Homemade Whipped Cream
Can you even have key lime pie without whipped cream? No way! You can use store bought whipped cream if you want. However, homemade whipped cream is very easy to make and tastes way better.
You will need a mixer for this. Store a metal bowl and the whisk attachments in the freezer for 10 minutes. When the equipment is cool, it will make it a lot easier to whip up the heavy cream.
Next, combine all of the ingredients in the cold bowl. Then start whipping on medium-high until medium peaks form. This means that when you pull off the beaters, the peaks will remain straight, but it will be a lot softer than stiff peaks.
Medium peaks make it as fluffy as a cloud, which is perfect for key lime!
You can pipe the whipped cream or spoon it on top like I did.
How To Store Cheesecakes
These mini key lime cheesecakes should be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can They Be Frozen
Yes! Wrap each mini cheesecake in cling wrap and store in air tight container in the freezer. They will last up to 30 days in the freezer.
To thaw, leave them on the counter for 1-2 hours until not frozen but still cold. Then, decorate the cheesecakes with the whipped cream.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
- Pretzel salted caramel mini cheesecakes
- Caramel apple cheesecake bars
- Cookie dough cheesecake bars
- S'mores mini cheesecakes
Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ¼ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- ⅛ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
Key Lime Cheesecake
- 8 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- ⅛ cup Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sour cream room temperature
- 1 Large egg room temperature
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Use a food processor or blender to blend graham crackers into a fine crumbs. Mix the crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter together with a fork. Use 1 tablespoon and scoop compacted crust into each muffin liner. Use ⅛ cup to compact the crust.
Key Lime Cheesecake
- Use a hand mixer and beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. Add in sugar and beat again for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl. Add in the zest of 1 lime, key lime juice, and sour cream. Mix on medium until smooth.
- Add in the egg. Mix on low until just combined. Use a cookie scoop and scoop batter on top of the crust.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. There should be a slight jiggle in the middle. Turn off the oven, and crack open the door. Let them sit in the oven for 20 minutes. Then, transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool completely. Cover and chill in the fridge for 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Place metal bowl and whisk attachments in the freezer for 10 minutes. A cold bowl makes it a lot easier whip up whipped cream.
- Beat whipped cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until medium peaks form. It should be light and fluffy like a cloud.
- Take the cheesecakes out of the wrappers. Spoon the whipped cream on top. Place a little bit of lime on top of the whipped cream for decoration.