This no bake turtle pie is a combination of so many delicious things in one pie! It has a homemade graham cracker crust, thick pecan salted caramel, creamy chocolate pie and a fluffy whipped cream. This pie also has a ton of drizzled chocolate and caramel, which makes this the ultimate turtle pie.
The Fluffiest Whip Cream
What makes this no bake turtle pie stand out, is the whipped cream topping!
Now, normally I am all about doing everything homemade because I love to know what exactly goes into my desserts. However, Truwhip completely changes the game.
Truwhip is a whipped cream topping made with no artificial colors, no high fructose corn syrup, no trans fats, and no hydrogenated oils. The whipped cream is made with only real ingredients.
This whipped cream topping makes the perfect topping to this pie! You can get it at Whole Foods.
Trust me, you will be impressed! No one will even know you got it at the store.
Baked Graham Cracker Crust
While I say that this pie is no bake, the crust does get baked for 10 minutes. Baking the crust will reduce the crumble and make it easy to cut into.
To make this crust, start by blending the graham crackers into crumbs. I use a food processor to blend them into very fine crumbs.
Next, mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter together with a fork. A fork helps to blend everything together easier. The crumbs should resemble wet sand.
Pour the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate. (make sure it is sprayed with a baking non-stick first!) Then, compact the crust down on the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. I like to use a measuring cup to compact the crust.
After it is compacted, bake for 10 minutes.
The Best Salted Caramel
I use this salted caramel recipe for every dessert that needs caramel. It is super easy to make and it tastes so good! Here are the steps to make it:
- Step 1: Room temperature ingredients- Pull out the butter and heavy cream 2 hours before making the caramel.
- Step 2: Melt sugar- Melt the sugar completely. Use a whisk and stir the sugar. It will clump up a lot at first.
- Step 3: Brown sugar- Once the sugar is completely melted, let it sit for less than 30 seconds. It should quickly turn an amber color. Then, immediately take it off of the heat.
- Step 4: Add in butter and cream- Add half of the butter and then whisk it into the sugar. It will dramatically bubble. Then add in the rest of the butter. Repeat with the heavy cream.
- Step 5: Add in vanilla and salt- Add the vanilla and salt and whisk together. Pour the hot caramel into a glass container.
- Step 6: Cool completely- The caramel needs to cool completely before adding it to the pie.
Once you try it, you won't buy store caramel ever again!
To cool the caramel faster, you can place it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to cool down quickly. Make sure to stir every 10 minutes. For more tips and tricks, check out my Homemade Salted Caramel recipe.
Pecan Salted Caramel
For the inside of the pie it needs to be a thick salted caramel so it doesn't run everywhere.
To thicken the salted caramel, whisk in the flour. Also, add in the chopped pecans. This will create a thicker caramel. Getting it cold when you chill the pie later will also help.
Pour the pecan salted caramel in the pie.
Then, while you make the chocolate pie, freeze the rest of the pie. A colder caramel will cause it to be less likely to spread.
How To Make Chocolate Pie
This chocolate pie filling is the creamiest pie! It is easily made with cream cheese and whipped cream! It is probably the best no bake chocolate pie I have ever had!
- Freeze metal bowl- Freeze the metal bowl and whisk attachment for 10 minutes while you make the other part of the pie.
- Beat cream cheese- Beat the cream cheese in a separate bowl on high for 1 straight minute. It should be fluffy and smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar- Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder to the cream cheese. It should be sifted first to prevent any grittiness.
- Make whipped cream- Make the whipped cream in the cold bowl. Beat until medium peaks form.
- Fold in whipped cream- Use a rubber spatula to fold the whipped cream into the chocolate. It will take several minutes to get it completely combined.
In the end, it should be a very creamy chocolate pie filling. Spread the chocolate pie filling on top of the caramel.
Chilling The Pie
The pie has to be chilled for at least 6 hours but I prefer overnight. A very cold pie will hold up so much better!
Otherwise it will be too floppy when you cut into the pie.
Since this is a no bake pie, it has to stay in the fridge until ready to serve. Otherwise it will melt.
Decorating The Pie
Once the pie is chilled, top it with a chocolate ganache drizzle and salted caramel drizzle. This pie will have 2 layers of drizzles.
If the salted caramel is too thick and cooled down to drizzle, heat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Once the pie is drizzled, add the chipped pecans.
Next, top the pie with the Truwhip whipped topping. I ended up using ¾ of the container. Then, use the back of the spoon to create a swirled textured look.
Once the whipped topping is on, drizzle more chocolate, caramel, and pecans on top.
How To Get The Perfect Slice
To get the perfect slice of no bake turtle pie, use a sharp warm knife to cut into the pie. Then, wash the knife in warm water between each slice.
This will give you the perfect slice like you see below.
How To Store The Pie
Since this no bake turtle pie has to be chilled, it needs to be covered and will last up to 5 days in the fridge. For any leftovers, you can store the slices in an airtight container.
Other Recipes To Try
- Brownie Nutella Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
No Bake Turtle Pie
- 1 cup White granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted butter room temperature cubed
- ½ cup Heavy cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Chopped pecans
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs about 1 packet of graham crackers
- ¼ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Powdered sugar sifted
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1 cup Heavy cream cold
- 2 tablespoon Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Chopped pecans
- ¾ container Truwhip cold
- In a medium saucepan, melt the sugar. Use a metal whisk to stir the sugar. It will clump up at first. Whisk until every sugar crystal is melted. Then, let it sit until it turns an amber color. This usually takes less than 30 seconds. Take off heat.
- Add in half of the cubed butter and stir until butter is melted. It will bubble up. Add in the rest of the butter and stir until completely combined. Add in half of the heavy cream and stir. It will also bubble up. Then, add in the rest of the heavy cream and stir.
- Add in salt and vanilla and stir. Pour caramel into a glass container. Allow it to cool completely before using. Keep covered once room temperature.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with baking non-stick spray.
- Blend graham crackers into a fine crumb using a food processor. Blend the crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl using a fork. Pour crumbs into the pie dish.
- Press the crust with your fingers up the sides of the pan and across the bottom. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together 1 cup of caramel, pecans, and flour in a separate bowl. Pour the caramel over the baked crust. Place pie in the freezer while you make the pie filling.
- Freeze a metal bowl and whisk attachment for 10 minutes. This makes it easier to whip up the heavy cream.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese using a hand mixer on high for 1 minute. Then, add in the sifted powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Mix on low until just combined, then mix on high until smooth.
- Using the cold bowl, pour in the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until medium peaks form. Pour the whipped cream into the chocolate bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate. This will take a few minutes until it is fully combined. It should have a silky texture. Spread pie filling over the salted caramel.
- Cover the pie with tented foil. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Pour chocolate chips in a bowl and set aside. Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until hot and steaming. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let it sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir chocolate until smooth and glossy. Drizzle chocolate over the top of the pie. Then, drizzle salted caramel over the pie and top with half of the chopped pecans.
- Top with the Truwhip whipped cream. Use the back of the spoon to create swirled texture. Top with more chocolate and salted caramel drizzle and pecans.