This Nutella swirled banana bread is SUPER moist, soft, fluffy and has so much flavor. It is filled with mashed ripe bananas, a little bit of cinnamon, and Nutella that is swirled in. It can't get any better. This will be the only Nutella banana bread you will ever need!
How To Make Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
The key to getting a moist banana bread? Sour cream. Seriously. The dairy and the fat content make the banana bread very tender. No dry banana bread here.
To make this recipe, start by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth.
Next, add in the ripe mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. It should be a very wet batter at this point. Then, add in the eggs. Once it is all combined, add in the dry ingredients.
This recipe is super easy to make; you don't even need a mixer. Basically you will want to mix the dry ingredients, then the wet, then combine them together. Easy peasy. You can have banana bread ready for the oven in 10 minutes!
This blog receives a commission for using Amazon products for the food recipes that I shared with you in my posts. Although I receive a commission for using and linking their products, they are extremely good for my food recipes and all my opinions and suggestions are unbiased.
Tips On Getting The PERFECT Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
To get this banana bread perfect, here is a list of my best tips:
- Measure your flour out correctly- first, fluff up the flour with the spoon. This will make sure the flour isn't compacted. Then, use a spoon to scoop and level your flour. Too much flour will dry out the banana bread. If you are at high altitude, add an extra 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Use the correct pan- There is a big difference between an 8X4 pan and a 9X5 pan. The batter should come up ¾ of the way up the pan. If you do use an 8X4 pan use the extra batter to make banana bread muffins. If you fill the pan to the top then it will spill over.
- Don't use a mixer- This recipe can be made by hand with a whisk. If you use a mixer it will add too much air to the batter.
- Make sure the eggs and sour cream are room temperature- Room temperature ingredients will blend so much better.
- Warm the Nutella- Warm the nutella in the microwave, so it is easier to swirl into the batter.
How To Get The Swirled Look In The Banana Bread
It is actually very easy to get the swirled look!
First, heat the Nutella in a microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. This will make it warm and very spreadable.
Next, pour about half of the batter into the 9X5 pan. It should come up ¼ of the way up the pan.
Then, use a ½ tablespoon to spoon dollops on top of the batter. Use about half of the prepared Nutella. It may seem like a lot, but trust me, it is perfect. Use a butter knife and drag it around the Nutella to give it a swirled look.
Next, pour the rest of the batter on top. Then, repeat the same process with the Nutella. The batter should only come ¾ of the way up the pan. Any more than that, it will spill over.
Now we get to bake it! Bake it at 350F for 60-70 minutes. It is done baking when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the toothpick is a little wet, bake it for another 5 minutes and check again.
How To Ripen Bananas Fast For Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
If you don't have already ripened bananas, but you need banana bread STAT, then try these methods out.
- Check out the grocery store, sometimes they have browned bananas for a good price.
- The night before, place the bananas in a brown paper bag. This will speed up the ripening process. Fair warning, it takes at least 24 hours for the bananas to get ripe and brown enough.
- Place the bananas on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 300F. They will be completely brown. Let them cool completely before using.
See, you can have ripe bananas very quickly! If you have frozen ripe bananas, you can use them. Let them thaw on the counter for an hour before mashing.
How To Store The Banana Bread
The banana bread is best kept at room temperature up to 4 days. You can either store it in the pan, or wrap the whole thing in aluminum foil.
The banana bread can also be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. I recommend heating up your slice for about 15 seconds in the microwave
Can This Banana Bread Be Frozen?
Yes! This banana bread can be frozen. Wrap it up very tightly in cling wrap and aluminum foil. It should last up to 30 days in the freezer.
To thaw, place on the counter for 1 hour. Then, heat it up in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Other Breakfast Recipes To Try
- Double chocolate banana bread
- Cinnamon chocolate chip banana bread
- Gooey cinnamon rolls
- Blueberry lemon bread
Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
- ½ cup Unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 3 Ripe bananas
- ¼ cup Sour cream room temperature
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9X5 loaf pan with a non-stick baking spray. Line the bottom and 2 of the sides with parchment paper for easy removal from pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a small bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or with a fork. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter for 1 minute until all of it is melted. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes for the butter to cool slightly. In a medium sized bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar together until combined.
- Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add eggs and mix until just combined. Don't over mix. The batter should be very wet at this point.
- Add in the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. It should be slightly thick. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the Nutella for 30 seconds.
- Pour ½ of the batter into the loaf pan. It should come up ¼ of the way up the pan. Use a ½ tablespoon and scoop half of the Nutella into dollops on top of the batter. Use a knife to stir and drag the Nutella to swirl it together. Pour the rest of the batter on top. Repeat the Nutella and place dollops on top of the batter. Use a knife again to swirl the Nutella into the batter. The pan should only be filled ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. The banana bread is done baking when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it sit for 10 minutes in the tin before transferring to a cooling rack. Banana bread can be served warm or at room temperature.