These peanut butter cup brownies are fudgy chocolate brownies with a crinkle top. They are filled with chocolate chips and Reese's peanut butter cups. They are topped with more peanut butter cups. These brownies are a MUST bake!
These peanut butter cup brownies are perfect when you have extra peanut butter cups! Or if you love chocolate and peanut butter.
These brownies are extra fudgy! If you are team fudge brownies, you will love these!
Why You Will Love This
- Easy to make- These do require a mixer, but they are very easy to make!
- Fudgy brownies- These brownies are extra fudgy!
- Peanut butter cups- If you love peanut butter cups, there are some inside and on top of the brownies.
- Extra chocolate brownies- These use cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
Here are notes about the ingredients used.
- Eggs plus egg yolk- The extra egg yolk helps to make these brownies fudgy.
- Unsalted butter- This butter is melted. It does need to cool slightly before adding to the batter.
- Oil- You can use canola, vegetable, or olive oil.
- Dutch process cocoa powder- I used this. Dutch process cocoa powder will give the brownies a richer taste.
- Cornstarch- The cornstarch also helps the brownies' fudgy texture.
- Peanut butter cups- I used the Reese's miniature peanut butter cups. Any size would be fine.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make and bake these peanut butter cups brownies.
STEP 1: Prepare an 8X8 pan. Spray the pan with baking non-stick spray. For easy removal of the brownies later, line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper.
STEP 2: Mix the dry ingredients. Make sure to sift the flour and cocoa powder to prevent any lumps.
STEP 3: Beat the sugar and eggs. Use a mixer with a whisk attachment. Beat these for 5 minutes.
STEP 4: Add in melted butter, oil, and vanilla. Then, mix these in on low.
STEP 5: Add in the dry ingredients. Next, turn the mixer on low. Mix until just combined.
STEP 6: Add in fillings. Take the bowl off of the mixer. Then, fold in the peanut butter cups and chocolate chips.
STEP 7: Bake the brownies. Pour the brownies in the pan. Then, bake for 45-55 minutes.
STEP 8: Top the brownies. When the brownies are done baking and still warm, top with chopped peanut butter cups.
When you are baking these brownies, it can be very easy to under bake or over bake.
The brownies are done baking when the edges are set and the middle is only slightly underdone. A way to tell the brownies were under baked, is when they sink when the cool.
The brownies will continue to cook as they cool down. If you bake these until they are done perfectly, they will be over baked after they cool down.
Don't top the brownies with the extra peanut butter cups until after it is done baking. I tried topping these brownies before they baked, but the chocolate overbaked.
Turn the oven to 350F. Bake for 15 minutes until cooked more. Let it cool completely.
Yes. Look at this Better Than Boxed Brownies for the recipe.
Yes you can. You can use any type of chocolate bars.
I have not recipe tested this. If you make this with no eggs, let me know!
No. You need the power from a mixer to beat the sugar and eggs. This creates the crackle top.
Storing and Freezing
Store these peanut butter cup brownies at room temperature in an air tight container. Store up to 5 days.
These brownies can be frozen. Wrap in cling wrap and store in an airtight container. Freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before eating.
Other Brownie Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- 1 ⅓ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup Oil canola, vegetable, or olive
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Reese's peanut butter cups chopped in half.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8X8 pan with baking non-stick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper. Spray again.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, combine the sugar, eggs, and egg yolk. Beat on high for 5 minutes.1 ⅓ cup White granulated sugar, 2 Large eggs, ½ cup All-purpose flour, ¾ cup Dutch process cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Cornstarch, ½ teaspoon Salt, 1 Egg yolk
- While the eggs are mixing, melt the butter. Let it slightly cool. Add in melted butter, oil, and vanilla. Mix on low. Add in the dry ingredients. Mix on low until combined. Scrape the bowl. Mix again.5 tablespoon Unsalted butter, ⅓ cup Oil, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Take the brownie batter off the mixer. Mix the batter with a rubber spatula to make sure it is mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips, ¾ cup Reese's peanut butter cups
- Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes. The brownies need to be slightly underdone in the middle. The edges will be set and no more jiggle in the middle of the brownies. Top with more chopped peanut butter cups. This is optional. Let the brownies cool completely. Remove from pan, cut and serve.