These s’mores cookie blossoms are thumbprint Hershey’s kiss cookies. I took regular cookie blossoms and changed it into a s’mores cookie. It has a chewy graham cracker cookie topped with a toasted marshmallow and a Hershey’s kiss. It tastes just like a campfire s’more!
S’mores Cookie Blossoms
During the holidays, I love making peanut butter cookie blossoms. I wanted to create a similar cookie that is delicious and unique. Enter the s’mores cookie blossoms!
This cookie is a graham cracker cookie. It has crushed graham cracker crumbs folded in. It tastes just like a graham cracker cookie, except chewy.
These s’mores cookie blossoms are topped with a jumbo marshmallow that is cut in half. It gets toasted by both the oven under broil and with a kitchen torch. While it is hot, a Hershey’s kiss gets placed on the marshmallow. It causes it to crack.
The end result is a gooey cookie that tastes just like a campfire s’mores.
How To Make Graham Cracker Cookie Dough
Here are the steps to make these easy graham cracker cookies:
- Crush up the graham crackers- Use a food processor to blend the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Mix dry ingredients- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the butter- Beat the butter and sugars together until very light and fluffy. Use a mixer to beat it together.
- Add in egg and egg yolk- The extra yolk is to add moisture and creates a more chewy cookie. These need to be added one at a time and mixed until everything is combined
- Add in the dry ingredients- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Chill the dough- To get cookies that don’t spread. Chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
Scooping The Cookie Dough
These cookies are supposed to be relatively small. Use a cookie scoop (1 1/2 TBSP) to scoop the dough.
To get the ripples like the picture below: compact the dough into the scoop, then scoop it slowly. The cookie scoop will cause the beautiful ripples.
Place the cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet topped with parchment paper. I have found that the cookies don’t spread as much on parchment paper.
Place the cookie dough balls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
Then, bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
Decorating The Thumbprint Cookies
Immediately once the cookies are done baking, top with a half of a jumbo marshmallow. It looks best if you cut the marshmallow in half horizontally. It fits on the cookie better.
While the cookie cools completely, the marshmallow will melt and stick to the cookie.
Next, turn the oven to broil on high. Place the cookies back on the cookie sheet. They will take only 1-2 minutes to turn into golden brown.
To get the campfire look, use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallow. That is what I did to get a more natural look. However, you don’t have to do that.
As soon as the marshmallows are toasted, place a Hershey’s kiss on top. Press them down into the marshmallow.
Drizzling Chocolate Ganache
Now, drizzling the chocolate on top is an optional component. The cookies still taste good without it. However, it tastes even better with it!
Once you make the chocolate ganache, you need to drizzle it on top of the cookies right away.
The best way to drizzle the chocolate ganache is to use a squeeze bottle or a piping bag.
How To Store The Cookies
These cookies are best stored in an air tight container at room temperature. They will be good up to 5 days.
Can These Cookies Be Frozen
I don’t recommend freezing these s’mores cookie blossoms. Since there is a marshmallow on top, it won’t freeze as well.
Other Recipes To Try
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chip Double Chocolate Cookies
- Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
S’mores Cookie Blossoms
Graham Cracker Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs fine crumbs
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 1/4 cup White granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 9 Jumbo marshmallows cut in half horizontally
- 18 Hershey kisses
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
Graham Cracker Cookie
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Use a food processor to blend graham crackers into fine crumbs. (It equals to 3/4 of a packet of graham crackers.) Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the dry ingredients.
- Use a mixer and beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat on medium for 2 minutes until the butter is light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in egg and egg yolk one at a time. Mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and mix again until the butter is combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets. Use a cookie scoop (1 1/2 TBSP) to scoop the dough. Place the dough about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. The cookie edges will be lightly golden brown. Immediately place a half of a jumbo marshmallow on top of the cookie. Let it cool on cookie sheet for 4 minutes. Then, transfer to cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely. Turn the oven to broil on high. Place cookies back on one cookie sheet with parchment paper. Broil for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows are golden in color. Watch these like a hawk, they can burn very quickly.
- If you have a kitchen torch, use it to give the marshmallows a campfire taste. While the marshmallows are hot, place the Hershey's kiss on top. The marshmallow will crack.
- Pour chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream on medium-low. Heat until hot and steaming. Pour hot cream over the chocolate chips. Let it sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Use a small whisk or rubber spatula and stir the chocolate until smooth and silky. Pour chocolate into a squeeze bottle or piping bag. Drizzle chocolate over the cookies. Store at room temperature.