This Butterfinger pie is a no bake pie. It has a graham cracker crust, peanut butter pie filling filled with chopped butterfingers. It is also topped with chocolate ganache. This easy dessert is the best way to enjoy your favorite candy bar.
This Butterfinger pie is like eating Butterfinger candy bars, but in a pie! The creamy Butterfinger filling with actual Butterfinger candy bar pieces and chocolate ganache on top are just like the candy, but bigger! This is the easiest way to make a peanut butter lover in your life happy.
For other peanut butter recipes, try Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, and Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Why This Recipe Works
- Butterfinger flavor- This creamy Butterfinger pie has Butterfinger pieces throughout for the Butterfinger flavor and also a little crunch! The peanut butter and chocolate ganache mirror the Butterfinger bars in pie form.
- Graham cracker crust- This delicious homemade crust is very easy to make and provides the perfect base for the pie.
- Easy recipe- This easy Butterfinger pie recipe is only a few simple steps. You don't even need to use your oven!
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Graham cracker crumbs- If you do not have Graham crackers where you live digestive biscuits can be substituted.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar, but dark brown sugar will work as well.
- Cream cheese- Take this out 2 hours before baking to get to room temperature.
- Heavy cream- Be sure to keep this cold as it will not form a whipped cream if it gets too warm.
- Peanut butter- I prefer creamy peanut butter as it mixes in much easier than chunky peanut butter. It needs to blend smoothly with the cream cheese to make the creamy filling.
- Chocolate Chips- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips for the best flavor as milk chocolate will be too sweet.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make this Butterfinger pie.
STEP 1: Crust prep. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking nonstick spray. Place it to the side.
STEP 2: Mix crust. Use a food processor to blend the graham crackers to a fine crumb. Then, mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter together with a fork.
STEP 3: Form the crust. Pour the pie crust into the pan and use your hands to form it into a crust halfway up the sides of the pan. Use the back of a measuring cup to compact the crust. Place it in the freezer while you make the filling.
STEP 4: Filling prep. Place a metal bowl and whisk attachment for your electric mixer in the freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the Butterfingers into small pieces.
STEP 5: Beat cream cheese and peanut butter. Using a different mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter on high speed for 2 minutes. Next, add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix it until it is smooth.
STEP 6: Whip cream. Use the cold bowl and whisk attachment to beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until you form stiff peaks. Then,
STEP 7: Combine. Add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture you made and gently fold it in with a rubber spatula. When it is nearly combined, add the Butterfingers and gently fold them in too.
STEP 8: Chill. Pour the peanut butter filling over the cooled crust and smooth it with an offset spatula. Wrap it in foil and let the pie chill for 6 hours or overnight.
Note: You can add the ganache before chilling, but it looks best if you add it after removing the pan after chilling.
Step By Step Instructions - Ganache and Decorating
STEP 1: Heat the cream. Start by heating the heavy cream in a small saucepan until it is steaming.
STEP 2: Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Let it sit for 2 minutes and mix until smooth and shiny.
If chocolate chunks remain microwave it for 20 seconds and stir until they are melted.
STEP 3: Take out pie. Take the pie out of the springform pan. First, remove the ring. Then, tilt the pie to the side enough to begin pulling the pie off the bottom of the pan. Once the suction and surface tension are broken you can use a large spatula to move the pie to your decorating surface.
STEP 4: Pour. Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the pie. Smooth it with an offset spatula.
STEP 5: Toppings. If you want to make it extra special, place chopped butterfingers on top of the ganache!
You can also decorate with any other chocolates you have or even some extra whipped cream!
STEP 6: Chill. Place the pie back in the fridge or freezer to chill for 10 minutes to set the ganache.
Expert Baking Tips
- Be very careful when you fold in the homemade whipped cream. If you are too rough, it will be like adding 1 ½ cups of heavy cream to the batter. It will not set.
- This pie needs a long chill time, for it to set. Make sure to be patient!
- When making the whipped cream make sure the bowl and heavy cream are cold. If the heavy cream gets too warm it will not whip up correctly.
You either overmixed the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, or it did not have long enough time to chill in the fridge.
Yes, you can. I recommend using the crust in the recipe because it is easy and SO good, but you can use a pre-made pie crust.
Yes you can! Divide the recipe into thirds to make 12 mini pies. Use a muffin pan.
Storing and Freezing
Store the Butterfinger pie in an airtight container like a cake carrier. Store up to 5 days in the fridge.
Freeze the pie in individual slices using plastic wrap. Freeze up to 30 days and let thaw for 1-2 hours.
You can freeze the whole pie before decorating. Chill the pie overnight first in the fridge. Then, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze up to 30 days. Let thaw for 24 hours in the fridge before decorating.
Other Candy Themed Dessert Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you loved this recipe! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @stephaniesweettreats. To get more ideas follow me on Pinterest.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs fine crumb
- ¼ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 10 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 16 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups Peanut butter creamy
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups Heavy cream cold
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups Chopped Butterfingers Buy a 10 oz bag
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Chopped Butterfingers for decoration
Graham Cracker Crust
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, blend the graham crackers into a fine crumb. In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter using a fork.2 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup Brown sugar, 10 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Pour the crumbs into the springform pan. Use your hands to press the crust halfway up the sides of the pan. Use the back of a measuring cup to compact the crust. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Place a metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. While you wait, chop the Butterfingers into small pieces.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter on high speed for 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.16 oz Cream cheese, 2 cups Peanut butter, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, ½ cup Powdered sugar
- Using the cold bowl with the mixer, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks. Add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Use a rubber spatula to very gently fold in the whipped cream.1 ½ cups Heavy cream, ½ cup Powdered sugar
- Once it is almost all the way combined, add in the chopped Butterfingers.1 ½ cups Chopped Butterfingers
- Pour the pie filling on top of the crust. Use an offset spatula to smooth down the top. Wrap in foil and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. *You can make the ganache pour it on top then set it chill. For best looking results wait till you take off the pan before pouring on the ganache.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes.1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips, ½ cup Heavy cream
- Use a rubber spatula to mix the ganache until smooth. If any chocolate chunks remain, heat in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Take the pie out of the pan. Tips to take off the pan: first, take off the ring. Then, use your hands to separate the bottom part of the pan from the cheesecake. Once the suction is removed, place a large spatula to move the cheesecake to your desired surface.
- Pour the ganache on top of the pie. Use an offset icing spatula to smooth the chocolate. Top with chopped Butterfingers.Chopped Butterfingers
Trisha Anderson says
My granddaughter made this as soon as you posted it! Brought it to me! I love butterfingers and peanut butter and graham crackers. It’s absolutely delicious. My favorite cheesecake so far! Thank you for sharing!