These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are chewy large cookies with crisp edges. They are loaded with creamy peanut butter and mini chocolate chips. These cookies are one of my all time favorites!
These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies were originally created for a just for fun bake. Then, these cookies turned out to be SO good, I had to share this recipe with you too.
Why You Will Love This
- Chewy peanut butter cookies. These chewy cookies have soft centers and crisp edges. The perfect cookies!
- Large cookies. The cookies are 3-4 inches wide. They are large!
- Mini chocolate chips. These cookies use mini chocolate chips. It gives you an equal amount of chocolate through the cookie!
- Easy to make. The dough can be made in 15 minutes. It is very easy to make.
- Butter- Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Peanut butter- Use Jif or Skippy creamy peanut butter. Natural peanut butter is too runny for this recipe.
- Eggs- Pull these out 2 hours before baking.
- Mini chocolate chips- Use minis for best results. You can use regular chocolate chips.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake these cookies.
STEP 1: Mix the dry ingredients. Make sure to use a sifter to prevent flour lumps getting into the dough.
STEP 2: Beat the butter and sugars. The butter and sugars need to be beaten on high for 2 minutes. It will be light and fluffy.
STEP 3: Add in wet ingredients. Next, add in vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until just combined. Then, add in the eggs and mix on high. It will be fluffy like picture below.
STEP 4: Add in dry ingredients. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Next, add in the mini chocolate chips.
STEP 5: Chill dough. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours.
STEP 6: Scoop the cookie dough. Next, use a 3 oz cookie scoop to scoop the dough. Scoop into a heaping cookie dough ball. Place 6 per cookie sheet.
STEP 7: Bake the cookies. Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes. I baked mine for 15 minutes. OPTIONAL: Add extra mini chocolate chips.
To get the best chewy texture, it is very important to beat the wet ingredients well. The dough needs to properly aerate both with the butter step and the egg step.
If you would like to speed up the chilling process, place the dough in the freezer for 30-45 minutes. The dough needs to be cold.
However, the dough will chill unevenly. I highly recommend waiting the 2 hours for the dough to properly chill.
Use parchment paper on the cookie sheets. Do not bake the cookies straight on the cookie sheet or use a silicone baking mat.
Make sure the dough is cold before you bake.
Yes it can. You can do 2 options.
1. Chill the dough for the original 2 hours. Scoop the dough and cover. Chill overnight.
2. Chill the dough overnight. Let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes - 1 hour before scooping.
Yes you can. Freeze the cookie dough balls. Add an extra 2-4 minutes to the bake time.
Storing and Freezing
Store the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Freeze the baked cookies in an airtight container up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before enjoying.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 cup Peanut butter creamy
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups Mini chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside2 ½ cup All-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon Baking soda, 1 teaspoon Salt
- Using a mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium for 2 minutes. The butter will be light and fluffy. Add in peanut butter and vanilla. Mix on medium until combined.1 cup Unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cups Brown sugar, ¼ cup White granulated sugar, 1 cup Peanut butter, 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Add in eggs. Mix on high for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Scrape bowl and mix again. Add in mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.2 Large eggs, 1 ¾ cups Mini chocolate chips
- Cover and chill dough for 2 hours. Then, preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a large 3oz cookie scoop and scoop the dough. These make large cookies. (3-4 inch cookies) Place 6 dough balls per cookie sheet. Keep dough in fridge while cookies bake.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes. Bake until edges are lightly golden brown. If baking smaller cookies they will need 8-10 minutes baking time. Let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 4 minutes. Top with extra mini chocolate chips while warm. Then, transfer to a cooling rack.