These sprinkle chocolate chip cookies are basically the most fun unicorn cookies. These cookies are chewy with crisp edges, full of chocolate chips and crunchy rainbow sprinkles. These cookies are a play on funfetti cookies but with chocolate chips.
How To Make Cookie Dough
This cookie dough is super easy to make. You can have cookies in the oven in 1 hour!
- Pull out ingredients- Pull out butter and eggs 2 hours before baking. This will give you a chewier cookie.
- Mix dry ingredients- Sift the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt together.
- Beat butter and sugars- Use a mixer to beat the butter and with the brown sugar and sugar. Beat until it is very light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs- The eggs should be added one a time. Make sure to scrape the bowl to mix the butter into the eggs.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients- Add the flour in slowly to not make a big mess, and allow it to be completely mixed in.
- Add in chocolate chips and sprinkles- Mix all of these in, but mix on slow to not break the sprinkles.
Chilling The Dough
This part is SO important. Since the sprinkles are basically sugar, this will affect the spreading of the cookies in the oven.
The cookies need to be chilled for at least 45 minutes before you scoop the dough.
Scooping The Dough
Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. I have found using parchment paper reduces spreading compared to silicone baking mats.
These cookies make for large bakery style cookies. The large cookies will give a larger center which creates a chewier texture.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough. I like to scoop the entire cookie dough. Then, bake 6 cookie dough balls at a time. Keep the prepared cookie dough balls in the fridge until ready to bake.
Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until edges are lightly golden brown.
Can I Make These Into Smaller Cookies?
Yes! You can make these using a traditional cookie scoop.
You will need to bake for less time. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Making The Perfect Cookie
These sprinkle chocolate chip cookies, do have a chance to spread weirdly in the oven. To make them into perfect circles, use large biscuit cutters.
When the cookies just come out of the oven, use the biggest biscuit cutter and use it press around the edges to round them out. Use a smooth circular motion to get round cookies.
Then, top with extra chocolate chips and more rainbow sprinkles.
How To Store The Cookies
Store these sprinkle chocolate chip cookies at room temperature in an air tight container.
They will last up to 5 days,
Freezing The Cookies
You can freeze the cookie dough, so it is ready to bake whenever you need cookies.
Chill the dough for the initial 45 minutes. Then, scoop the dough into cookie dough balls.
Place the balls in an air tight container and freeze.
You can bake directly from the freezer, it will just take a few extra minutes to bake the middle fully.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
- Caramel chocolate chip cookies.
- Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies
Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ½ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup Rainbow sprinkles use jimmies
- 1 ¾ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium-high. The butter should be light and fluffy. Add in vanilla. Mix and scrape the bowl.
- Add in eggs one at time. Mix on medium-low. Add in the dry ingredients slowly. Add in chocolate chips and sprinkles. Mix on low.
- Place bowl in fridge and chill for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the cookies. Place 6 cookie dough balls per cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Bake until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Top warm cookies with extra chocolate chips and sprinkles. Let them sit on the hot pan for 4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.