This no bake chocolate cheesecake is the ultimate chocolate cheesecake. It has a fudgy brownie crust with a chocolate cheesecake that melts in your mouth. It is topped with a chocolate ganache frosting. You will need a glass of milk for this cheesecake!
This no bake chocolate cheesecake is the ultimate cheesecake! It is pretty similar to my triple chocolate cheesecake. It has three layers of rich chocolate!
The brownie crust is full of chocolate chips and made in a 9x13 pan. The brownie crust idea was inspired by my Nutella pie.
The chocolate cheesecake batter, has both cocoa powder and chocolate ganache. Making the cheesecake incredibly rich! Then, the top of chocolate ganache frosting gives it such fluffy pile of chocolate on top. I used the same frosting as my Marshmallow brownies.
Why You Will Love This
- There is a brownie crust- The brownies are first baked in a 9X13 pan. Then, while warm, it is transferred into a 9 inch springform pan. Transferring the brownie warm and fudgy, gives the crust a soft texture even when cold.
- No bake cheesecake batter- This has a chocolate cream cheese mixture with no eggs. Then, a very sweet whipped cream is gently folded in. Which is why it will melt in your mouth!
- Chocolate ganache frosting- This cheesecake would taste great without the frosting. However, it completes the cheesecake look!
- Easier than baked cheesecake- Since it is not baked, no worries about water baths or cracked cheesecake.
Here are the notes about the ingredients that are used.
- Eggs for brownie crust- Use cold eggs. It gives the brownie a fudgier texture.
- Oil- Use canola or vegetable. Either is fine.
- Cocoa powder- I use this cocoa powder. Use dutch process to get a richer brownie.
- Chocolate chips- Use both semi-sweet and milk chocolate. This gives a rich brownie flavor with the two types of chocolate chips.
- Cream cheese- Use full fat room temperature cream cheese. Don't use ⅓ fat.
- Sour cream- Use full fat room temperature sour cream. It needs to be the full fat.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the instructions to make this cheesecake.
STEP 1: For the brownies, mix the dry ingredients together. Then use a mixer with a whisk attachment to beat the sugar and eggs. This gives the brownies a crackle top. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients.
STEP 2: Next, fold in the dry ingredients. Then, fold in the chocolate chips. Bake the brownies for 60-70 minutes.
STEP 3: Let the brownies sit for 25 minutes, the mold the brownies into the springform pan. Use the middle and only ¾ of the brownies. The rest can be used for eating. Mold the brownies up the sides and bottom of the pan.
STEP 4: Beat cream until fluffy. Add in the sugar and cocoa powder. Mix until thoroughly combined. Scrape the bowl. Fold in the chocolate ganache.
STEP 5: Make the whipped cream and fold it into the cream cheese mixture. This takes a few minutes. Keep folding until combined. Pour cheesecake batter into the brownie crust.
STEP 6: Chill overnight. Then, make the chocolate ganache. Chill in 10 minute intervals until it becomes a pudding like texture. Next, spread it over the cheesecake.
Be careful that the brownies are not overbaked or under baked. If it is under baked, it will be too fudgy to form into the crust. I tried this my first time. Then, I tried baking it as the crust. It didn't work.
If the brownies are over baked, it will be too hard to form into the crust.
To prevent cream cheese lumps, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder very thoroughly. Scrape the bowl several times during this process. Once you add the whipped cream, there is no going back to get rid of lumps.
Make sure the cheesecake is chilled overnight or at least 6 hours. If you cut into it too soon, it will be like soup. It needs to completely set.
Yes! Follow this Oreo cheesecake recipe for the Oreo crust.
You will need to sift the cocoa powder. A lot of cocoa powders are very lumpy. This will fix the problem.
Yes you can. It doesn't have to be a frosting.
This no bake cheesecake needs to be stored in the fridge in an airtight container like this cake carrier. It will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 ⅔ cups White granulated sugar
- 4 Large eggs cold
- 1 Egg yolk cold
- ⅔ cup Oil canola or vegetable
- 10 TBSP Unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups Unsweetened cocoa powder I prefer dutch process
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup White granulated sugar
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups Heavy cream
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9X13 pan with baking nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper on the bottom and 2 sides. Spray again.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar together. Beat on high for 5 minutes. The sugar/eggs will get be very light and fluffy.
- While the eggs are mixing, melt the butter in the microwave. Then, let it slightly cool. Once the eggs are done mixing, add in the oil, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix on low until combined. Take off mixer.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Fold until it is completely combined, but be gentle so none of the air from the eggs deflates. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes. The brownies are done baking the edges are set, but the middle is very slightly underdone.
- Let it sit for 25 minutes before forming into the crust. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with baking non-stick spray. Place a parchment paper on the bottom and spray again.
- Use gloves and form the warm brownies into the crust. Use only the middle of the brownies and use only ¾ths of the tray. It should go halfway up the pan. Compact with your hands. Then, let it sit while you make the batter.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream until hot and steaming. Place chocolate chips into a small bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let it sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir until combined. If any chocolate chunks remain, heat in 10 second intervals in the microwave until melted. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl. Add in sugar and sifted cocoa powder. Beat on low until starting to combine. Then, switch to high and beat for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl to make sure the cocoa powder is completely mixed in.
- Add in the chocolate ganache. Mix until combined. Take off the mixer.
- Freeze a metal mixing bowl and whisk attachment for 10 minutes. Take the cold bowl out of the freezer and mix in the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake batter. Fold until it is fully combined. Be gentle! It should be super creamy cheesecake batter.
- Spread the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie crust. Cover in foil and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream until hot and steaming. Place chocolate chips into a small bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips.
- Let it sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir until combined. If any chocolate chunks remain, heat in 10 second intervals in the microwave until melted.
- Chill in the fridge for 45 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes. It could take longer or slower depending on your fridge temperature. Chill until chocolate ganache reaches a pudding or frosting like consistency.
- Spread on top of the cheesecake batter. Top with chocolate chips.