These chewy peanut butter cookies are easy to make and require no chill time! These peanut butter cookies are made with no mixer. They are dipped in cinnamon sugar while warm to give them a peanut butter snickerdoodle cookie flavor.
These chewy peanut butter cookies have the best texture! They have chewy centers with crisp edges. These peanut butter cookies are dipped in cinnamon sugar to give them a warm flavor.
The best part about these peanut butter cookies are how easy they are! They are made with melted butter, so you don't need a mixer or to chill the dough!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make- These cookies are very easy to make! Kids can help make them!
- Peanut butter cookies- These peanut butter cookies have a whole cup of peanut butter! They have a great flavor.
- Chewy texture- These cookies are chewy with crispy edges. Some peanut butter cookies are dry, but not these cookies!
- Cinnamon sugar- They are dipped in cinnamon sugar while warm. It gives a peanut butter snickerdoodle cookie vibe.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Unsalted butter- The butter is melted and cooled. It needs to be room temperature before using. If you use warm or hot butter, it will cause the cookies to spread too much.
- Brown sugar- I use light brown sugar.
- Peanut butter- Use store bought peanut butter like Jif or Skippy. I used creamy peanut butter. I don't recommend using natural peanut butter.
- Eggs- Pull the large eggs out 2 hours before baking.
- Cinnamon sugar- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake these homemade cookies. This recipe doesn't need an electric mixer. It needs a rubber spatula and a large bowl. Use two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
STEP 1: Mix the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and eggs.
STEP 2: Add the dry ingredients. You either add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt directly to the wet ingredients. Or mix in a separate bowl first. Use the rubber spatula to mix until completely combined.
STEP 3: Scoop the dough. Use a large cookie scoop (3oz) to scoop the peanut butter cookie dough. Scoop 6 cookie dough balls per prepared baking sheet.
STEP 4: Bake. Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Make sure to bake one cookie sheet at a time.
STEP 5: Cool and dip. Let the cookies sit on the hot pan for 5 minutes before dipping the top of the cookie in the cinnamon sugar. Then, let it cool on a cooling rack.
Expert Baking Tips
- Flour- Make sure to spoon and level the flour. If you stick your measuring cup into the flour, it will compact it. Compacted flour leads to the cookies not spread.
- If you live at high altitude and your cookies spread too much, add an extra 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- Another way to prevent cookie spread is make sure to use a cookie sheet with parchment paper vs using a silicone mat. The parchment paper grips the cookie dough better.
The reason I always make my cookies large, is because you get a larger chewier center. However, you can make them into smaller cookies by using regular cookie scoop. Bake for 8-11 minutes and bake 12 cookies per cookie sheet.
Yes you definitely can! Check out my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
This is all due to the flour. If you compact the flour in the measuring cup, it will dry out the cookie and it won't spread.
Storing and Freezing
Store the chewy peanut butter cookies in an airtight container and store up to 5 days at room temperature.
Freeze the baked cookies in an airtight container and freeze for 30 days. Thaw for 1-2 hours before eating.
You can also freeze cookie dough balls. Wrap the cookie dough balls in plastic wrap and freeze up to 30 days. Let the cookie dough balls come to room temperature before baking.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 ¼ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 cup Peanut butter creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter (make sure it is room temperature!), brown sugar, and sugar. Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until combined and smooth.1 cup Unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cup Brown sugar, ¼ cup White granulated sugar, 1 cup Peanut butter, 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 2 Large eggs
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Use a rubber spatula to mix until combined.2 ¼ cups All-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon Baking soda, 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.¼ cup White granulated sugar, 2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Use a large 3oz cookie scoop to scoop the dough. Place 6 cookie dough balls per cookie sheet.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit on the hot pan for 5 minutes. Then, dip the hot cookie into the cinnamon sugar. Then, place on a cooling rack and allow it to cool.