These Reese's peanut butter chip cookies are thick chewy peanut butter cookies. They are loaded with mini chocolate chips and mini Reese's peanut butter cups. The best part about these cookies is they are baked large and bakery style. Which gives them a chewy center and crisp edges!
These Reese's peanut butter chip cookies are peanut butter cookies that combine both mini chocolate chips and mini Reese's peanut butter cups. They are incredible!
Why You Will Love This
- Chewy peanut butter cookies- Sometimes peanut butter cookies can be dry. Not these ones! They are super chewy!
- Mini chocolate chips- they are filled with mini chocolate chips!
- Mini Reese's peanut butter cups- The mini version allows you to get more peanut butter cup per cookie!
- Easy to make- This recipe is very very to put together.
- Butter- Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Peanut butter- Use creamy peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter will make it too dry.
- Eggs- Pull these out 2 hours before baking.
- Mini Reese's peanut butter cups- I love the unwrapped kind!
- Mini chocolate chips- I strongly recommend using the minis. However, you can use the regular size.
- Peanut butter- Any brand of peanut butter will work as long as it is creamy. I do not recommend natural peanut butter. It is too runny to hold up well in this recipe.
- Peanut butter cups- You can use regular peanut butter cup. Just make sure to cut them small for this recipe.
- Peanut butter chips- You can also use peanut butter chips! Use ½ cup.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake these cookies.
STEP 1: Mix the dry ingredients. Use a sifter to make sure no flour lumps get into your dough!
STEP 2: Beat the butter and sugars. Next, beat the butter and sugars. Beat this on high to cream the butter until light and fluffy.
STEP 3: Add in the wet ingredients. Now, add in the peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs. Mix these on high for 1 minute to get it super fluffy.
STEP 4: Mix in the dry ingredients and fillings. Next, mix the dry ingredients in on low. Then, add in the chopped Reese's peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips.
STEP 5: Chill the dough. Chill for 2 ½ hours. It creates a very soft dough because of the peanut butter.
STEP 6: Scoop the dough. Use a large cookie scoop to create cookie dough balls are 3.5oz. Place 6 per cookie sheet.
STEP 7: Bake the cookies. Bake them for 13-16 minutes. Make sure to bake one cookie sheet at a time.
STEP 8: Top the cookies. When they are warm, top with extra mini chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.
Expert Baking Tips
When you are making the dough, both steps of the wet ingredients needs to be creamed well.
The goal is to beat air into the butter and into the eggs. This will aerate the dough and create a more chewy texture.
The chill the cookie dough for 2 ½ hours. I will sometimes place the bowl in the freezer in 20 minute intervals and stir the dough.
However, the dough needs to be chilled before scooping.
To get the cookies to look like mine, top with chopped Reese's peanut butter cups after it is done baking.
If the cookie dough balls aren't cold when going into the oven, they will spread too much. Make sure it is cold!
You can use a small cookie dough scoop for these. Scoop 12 cookie dough balls per cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. However, they won't be as chewy.
Yes you can. Use this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Storing and Freezing
Store these Reese's peanut butter chip cookies in an airtight container. Store up to 5 days.
Freeze these cookies in an airtight container. Freeze for 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before baking.
The cookie dough balls can be frozen. Store in an airtight container. The cookies can be baked straight from the freezer.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Reese's Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 cup Peanut butter creamy
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Mini Reese's peanut butter cups chopped
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.2 ¼ cup All-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until light and fluffy on high for 2 minutes. Add in vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until combined. Add in eggs and mix on high for 1 minute. Scrape bowl to make sure it is all mixed together.1 cup Unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cup Brown sugar, ¾ cup White granulated sugar, 1 cup Peanut butter, 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 2 Large eggs
- Add in dry ingredients and mix on low until combined. Add in mini chocolate chips and chopped mini Reese's. I cut each Reese's into thirds. Cover and chill for 2 ½ hours.1 cup Mini chocolate chips, 1 cup Mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Use a 3 oz cookie scoop (large ice cream scoop) to scoop dough. Place 6 cookies per cookie sheet. Place the rest of the dough back in the fridge until you need it for the next batch.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. The cookies should be lightly golden brown. Add extra mini peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips to tops of cookies. Let sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.