This Snickers cheesecake is so creamy it melts in your mouth! It has an Oreo crust and chopped Snickers in the baked cheesecake. On top is salted caramel and more chopped Snickers. This recipe is perfect to use up Halloween candy!
This Snickers cheesecake is one of the creamiest cheesecakes. It melts in your mouth! I made this recipe back in early 2020, but now it is updated into the best Snickers cheesecake ever.
Why You Will Love This
- Creamy cheesecake- The texture on this cheesecake is super creamy!
- Oreo crust- The crust is made out of Oreos and melted butter.
- Snickers- There is chopped Snickers in the cheesecake batter.
- Salted caramel- It is topped with homemade salted caramel sauce.
- Room temperature dairy ingredients- Pull these out 2 hours before baking.
- Oreos- Use regular Oreos.
- Cream cheese- Use full fat cream cheese.
- Sour cream- Use full fat sour cream or greek yogurt.
- Mini Snickers bars- I use the fun size Snickers bars. I use 1 ½ bags for the filling. Use the extras for the top of the cheesecake.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make and bake the cheesecake.
STEP 1: Mix the Oreo crust- Mix the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together. Pour the crust into the 9 inch springform pan. Then, compact the crust.
STEP 2: Bake the crust. Bake the crust for 12 minutes.
STEP 3: Beat the cream cheese. Use a mixer and beat the cream cheese on high. Then, add in the sugar and beat again.
STEP 4: Add in wet ingredients. Mix in the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Then, mix in the eggs on low.
STEP 5: Fold in the Snickers. Fold the chopped Snickers into the cheesecake batter. Next, pour the batter into the pan.
STEP 6: Bake the cheesecake. Prepare a water bath. Then, bake for 85-95 minutes. The cheesecake should have a very slight jiggle in the middle.
STEP 7: Chill the cheesecake. Chill the cheesecake overnight.
STEP 8: Make the salted caramel. First, melt the sugar down. Then, stir in butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Make sure it is cooled completely.
Decorating The Cheesecake
Pour the caramel sauce over the cheesecake. It needs to be completely cool before you use it. To get it pourable, heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Now it is optional, but you can top with extra Snickers, peanuts, or mini chocolate chips. I used all three because it makes it look fancy. Haha.
Baking Tips To Prevent Cracking.
Mixing the ingredients: The cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla needs to be beaten throughly before adding the eggs. There should be NO lumps.
Mixing the eggs in on low: If there is too much air added to the eggs, it will cause the cheesecake to expand and sink rapidly while baking. This will lead to cracks.
Water bath: This part is important. The cheesecake needs to sit in the water bath. The steam will fill the oven and keep it moist. A dry cheesecake can lead to cracks.
Cool slowly: Letting the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 minutes will let it cool slowly and cook at the same. A big change in temperature will cause the cheesecake to crack.
It tastes even BETTER! There are no processed extra ingredients and it is half the calories. I promise you will love this more than Cheesecake Factory.
It is okay! Cover the cheesecake in caramel and you will be good to go! No one will know.
No, you can use any chocolate candy bar.
Yes you can!
Storing and Freezing
Store this Snickers cheesecake in the fridge in an airtight container. Chill up to 5 days. I store mine in a cake carrier.
This cheesecake can be frozen before decorating. Wrap the cheesecake, chilled overnight first, in foil. Freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1-2 hours before decorating.
The cheesecake can also be frozen an individual slices. Wrap each slice in foil and freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before eating.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
The Best Snickers Cheesecake
- 2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- ½ cup Sour cream room temperature
- ¼ cup Heavy cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 3 Large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups Mini Snickers bars chopped into eighths. uses 1 ½ bags of Snickers.
- 1 cup White granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup Heavy cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Extra Snickers for decoration
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with non-stick baking spray. Place a 9 inch parchment circle on the bottom of the pan and spray again.
- Use a food processor to pulse Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. There should be a total of 2 ½ cups of Oreo crumbs.2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs
- Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter together. Pour all of the Oreo crumbs into the spring form pan.5 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Use your fingers to compact the crust on the bottom and up ½ the sides of the pan. Then use the bottom of the measuring cup to compact the crust including the edges.
- Bake crust for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, start on the cheesecake batter. Chop up 3 cups of mini Snickers bars. I cut each mini Snickers bars into eighths.3 cups Mini Snickers bars
- Using a mixer on high, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute. The cream cheese should be light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and scrape the bowl. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together for 1 minute on high.24 oz Cream cheese, ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- Add in the vanilla, sour cream, and heavy cream. Beat on medium for 1 minute until the sour cream is smooth. Make sure to scrape the bowl several times through this whole process.½ cup Sour cream, ¼ cup Heavy cream, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Add in the eggs one at time and mix on low. As soon as the eggs are combined take the bowl off the mixer. Then, fold in the chopped Snickers bars.3 Large eggs
- Water Bath. There are 2 options. Both require a large roasting pan and hot steaming water.1. Place springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan. Place cake pan into roasting pan, fill up to halfway up the cake with hot water. This method prevents water getting into the crust.2. Wrap springform pan twice in foil tightly. Place the pan into the roasting pan. Fill halfway with the hot water. This method can sometimes leak in the water into the crust.
- Bake for 85-95 minutes. The cheesecake is done baking when the edges are set and there is only a slight jiggle in the middle. When the cheesecake is done baking, turn off the oven and crack open the oven door. Let the cheesecake sit for 30 minutes in the oven before transferring the cheesecake on a cooling rack.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely on a cooling rack before covering it and chilling in the fridge. It needs to chill for 6 hours or overnight before taking out of the spring form pan.
- Cut room temperature butter into cubes and set aside. Prepare the heavy cream, salt and vanilla so it is ready to go for the caramel because it bakes fast once the sugar is melted.
- Using a sauce pan over medium heat, heat the sugar until it is melted and smooth. It will start to clump up, but will melt completely. Make sure all sugar crystals are melted.1 cup White granulated sugar
- Once the sugar is melted, stop whisking and let the sugar cook until it becomes amber in color. Don't walk away from your stove because it takes 30 seconds or less for the sugar to turn amber. Remove from heat.
- Immediately pour in the cubes of butter and whisk continuously until the butter is melted. The caramel will become very bubbly.4 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Immediately after that, add in half the cream and whisk continuously. Then, add in the rest of the heavy cream and whisk again. The caramel will be very bubbly when you add the heavy cream, but will stop once it is all mixed in.½ cup Heavy cream
- Add in the salt and vanilla. Pour the caramel in a glass jar and let cool completely. For storage, cover the glass jar and let sit for up to 3 days at room temperature.1 teaspoon Salt, ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Pour caramel on top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle with more Snickers. Optional: add chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips.Extra Snickers