This Nutella cheesecake has an Oreo crust, a baked chocolate Nutella cheesecake, with melted Nutella and chopped Ferrero Rocher on top! It is creamy and tastes amazing. If you love Nutella then you will love this cheesecake, guaranteed.
This Nutella cheesecake is the ultimate Nutella cheesecake, with a creamy Nutella filling and a buttery Oreo crust you will love. It is a huge hit at any special occasion. I promise it will be one of your favorite desserts!
Why This Recipe Works
- Creamy cheesecake- This Nutella cheesecake recipe is creamy and delicious, with that perfect cheesecake texture
- Nutella flavor- This cheesecake has that delicious flavor that Nutella lovers go nuts for.
- Oreo cookie crust- The crust made with Oreo cookies is delicious and makes the perfect base for this indulgent cheesecake.
- Easy recipe- This recipe uses simple ingredients and is broken down into simple steps to make it the most easy nutella cheesecake possible.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Unsalted butter- The butter is melted for the crust. You can melt this in the microwave.
- Cream cheese- Use full fat cream cheese. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Eggs- Pull the large eggs out 2 hours before baking so they are room temperature. I use whole eggs, not egg white for the fatty yolk.
- Nutella- I have not tested with other brands of chocolate hazelnut spread. Any brand with a different consistency could have a different texture.
Step By Step Instructions - Oreo Crust
Here is how to make and bake the Oreo crust for this Nutella cheesecake.
STEP 1: Prep. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Meanwhile, spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray. Then, line the bottom with a 9 inch parchment paper circle and spray it again.
STEP 2: Blend crust. Use a food processor to blend the Oreos into fine crumbs. Mix the crumbs and the melted butter together in a small bowl using a fork.
STEP 3: Form crust. Pour the crumb and butter mixture into the prepared pan and use your hands to press it halfway up the sides of the pan. Next, compact the bottom using the back of a measuring cup.
STEP 4: Bake. Bake the crust for 12 minutes.
Step By Step Instructions - Nutella Cheesecake
Here is how to make and bake the Nutella cheesecake.
STEP 1: Beat cream cheese and sugar. Use a mixer to beat the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and Nutella together on high speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
STEP 2: Combine. Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix them on medium speed until combined. Next, add the eggs and mix them on low speed until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to mix the batter until completed.
STEP 3: Bake cheesecake. Use one of the methods listed in the water bath section below to prepare your water bath, then pour the cheesecake batter on the prepared crust and bake for 70-80 minutes. It is done when the edges are set and the middle has a slight jiggle.
STEP 4: Cool. Turn the oven off, crack the door open, and let the cheesecake slowly cool inside for 30 minutes. Then, remove the cheesecake from the water bath and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
STEP 5: Chill. Wrap the springform pan in foil and let it chill in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
If you are using Ferrero Rocher place them in a bowl unwrapped in the freezer 15 minutes before starting decorating.
STEP 6: Prep for decorating. Once the cheesecake is ready, take the cheesecake out of the pan and remove the parchment paper. Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds using a microwave safe bowl.
STEP 7: Top cheesecake. Pour the Nutella over the cheesecake, then spread it using an offset spatula. Finally, chop the Ferrero Rocher and place them on top of the cheesecake.
Water Bath Tips
The water bath provides a moist environment for the cheesecake. This is because of the steam. When it is too dry, it will create cracks in the cheesecake.
Here are two techniques to try. They both use a roasting pan with hot steaming water.
- Place the springform pan inside a 10 inch cake pan. Place the cake pan in the roasting pan. Fill the pan with the hot water (about halfway up the cake pan)
- Wrap the springform pan with foil twice very tightly. Place the springform pan inside the roasting pan. Fill the pan halfway up with hot water.
My favorite method is the first one. This won't let any water at all get into the crust. It makes baking cheesecake so easy!
The second option gives the chance to get water inside and create a soggy crust.
Preventing Cheesecake Cracks
Beat the wet ingredients minus the eggs on high speed. Everything need to be super creamy and smooth. Chunks of cream cheese can cause cracks.
Add eggs on low speed. The goal is to have as little air as possible when mixing the eggs. Too much air can cause big bubbles in the cheesecake batter. It will make the cheesecake rise and fall too quickly when baking. Which causes cracks.
Use a water bath. This is essential! See below for cheesecake tips.
Cool the cheesecake. Once the cheesecake is done baking, it needs to sit in the hot oven for 30 minutes. This lets it cool slowly.
If you were to put the cheesecake on the counter right after done baking, it will be too quick of a temperature change, which causes cracks.
How To Easily Remove The Cheesecake From The Pan
First, spray the springform pan with baking non stick spray. Next, line the bottom of the pan with 9 inch parchment paper circle. Make sure to spray the pan again.
Then, after the cheesecake has chilled overnight. The springform pan should pop right off. If it doesn't very gently use a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to pop it off.
Then, you should be able to lay the cheesecake on it's side to take off the bottom of pan and the parchment circle.
Divide this recipe into thirds to make 12 mini cheesecake. Bake in a muffin pan for 18-20 minutes. Follow this Mini Oreo Cheesecakes for detailed instructions for mini cheesecakes.
You can halve the recipe to make these into Nutella cheesecake bars using 8X8 or 9X9 inch baking pan (use 16 oz of cream cheese). You can also use a 8 inch springform pan. If you want to use a 6 inch springform pan, half the recipe, but use 16 oz of cream cheese. Adjust the baking time as it bakes faster in a larger pan since it is thinner.
First, make sure the cheesecake is very cold. Then, use a sharp knife to cut the slices. Clean the knife after every slice.
Storing and Freezing
Store this Nutella cheesecake in the fridge in an airtight container like a cake carrier. Chill up to 5 days.
You can freeze the Nutella cheesecake in individual slices. Store in an airtight container and freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1-2 hours before eating.
You can also freeze the cheesecake before decorating. Wrap the cooled cheesecake (it needs to chill in the fridge overnight first), in plastic wrap and freeze up to 30 days.
Thaw for 1-2 hours before decorating.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
- 2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs about 2 rolls of regular Oreos
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon Unsweetened cocoa powder I used dutch process
- 1 cup Nutella
- ½ cup Heavy cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 4 Large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup Nutella melted for decoration
- Ferrero Rocher chopped for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking nonstick spray. Line the bottom with a 9-inch parchment paper circle. Spray again.
- Use a food processor to blend the Oreos into a fine crumb. Add the crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl. Use a fork to mix.2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs, 4 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Pour the crumbs into the pan. Use your hands to press the crust halfway up the sides of the pan. Then, take the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the crust.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and Nutella on high speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl using a rubber spatula.24 oz Cream cheese, ¾ cup White granulated sugar, 2 tablespoon Unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup Nutella
- Add in the heavy cream and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add in the eggs and mix on low speed until just combined. Take off the mixer and use a rubber spatula to mix the batter.½ cup Heavy cream, 4 Large eggs, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Start the water bath. Use one of these methods for a water bath. Both methods use a large roasting pan and hot steaming water.1. Place the springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan. Place the cake pan in the roasting pan and fill with hot water halfway up the cake pan. This method prevent water getting into the crust.2. Wrap the springform pan tightly twice in aluminum foil. Place the springform pan inside the roasting pan. Fill with hot water halfway up the springform pan. This method works great, but can sometimes leak water into the crust.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes. Bake until the edges are set but the middle has a slight jiggle.
- Turn off the oven, crack open the door, and let it slowly cool for 30 minutes. Then, take the cheesecake out of the water bath and cool on a cooling rack completely.
- Wrap the pan with foil and chill for 6 hours or overnight. If using Ferrero Rocher, place unwrapped in a bowl and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, take the pan off the cheesecake and remove the parchment paper. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the Nutella for 30 seconds.½ cup Nutella
- Pour the Nutella over the cheesecake. Spread using an offset spatula. Chop the Ferrero Rocher and top the cheesecake.Ferrero Rocher