This creamy Nutella cheesecake is for the Nutella lovers! It has an Oreo crust with a super creamy cheesecake. It has 2 full cups of Nutella! On top is a chocolate ganache and topped with pretzels and Oreo pieces. Even if you don't love Nutella, the Nutella flavor is subtle with lots of chocolate flavor popping through.
How To Make Oreo Crust
This is the easiest crust! All it needs is Oreos and melted butter. The Oreos need to be the regular kind and not double stuffed. Double stuffed Oreos have too much moisture, which affects the crust.
First, use a food processor to blend the Oreos into a fine crumb. This is the easiest way to get the crumbs fine. Then, pour in the melted butter and use a fork to mix.
Next, pour the crumbs into the spring form pan. Use your hands to spread the crumbs around the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides. Then, use the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the crust down.
Baking the crust is very important! It prevents getting a soggy bottom in the cheesecake. Nothing is worse than that!
How To Easily Remove Cheesecake From Pan
Before you pour your cheesecake in the pan, spray the spring form pan (9 inch) with baking non-stick spray. The kind with flour. Spray the pan well. Then, place a 9 inch parchment paper circle on the bottom. Spray the pan one more time!
Now, after the cheesecake is done baking and chilled overnight, pop the ring off the spring form pan. If any sides get stuck, gently press a knife into the sides.
To take off the parchment circle, turn the cheesecake on its side. You will be able to pop off the bottom of the pan and pull of the parchment paper.
Tips To Make A Crack Free Cheesecake
The main causes of cracks in cheesecake are having too much air in the cheesecake, having it too dry in the oven, or over baking. Here are tips on how to make this creamy Nutella cheesecake.
- Room temperature ingredients- Pull the dairy ingredients out 2 hours before baking. Everything needs to be room temperature for it to be blended well into the cheesecake batter.
- Use a mixer- You have to use a mixer to make this cheesecake. It needs the power from a mixer to properly beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese- Beat the cream cheese first for 1 minute on high. It should be fluffy. Then, add the sugar and beat again. After the sugar is added it should be creamy.
- Scrape the bowl a lot!- When, making cheesecake scrape the bowl after every single step. This makes sure all of the cream cheese gets mixed in and no lumps remain.
- Add in sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla- Add all of these and mix on medium until completely smooth. Make sure no sour cream lumps remain.
- Add in Nutella- This will take scraping the bowl several times to get everything mixed together well.
- Mix in eggs- The eggs should be added one at time and on low. This step is where you can add too much air to the eggs. That will cause it to rise quickly while baking and collapse, which causes cracks.
Next, pour the cheesecake batter into the spring form pan and then prepare the water bath.
There are two different techniques for the water bath. If you make cheesecake often, use the first technique. It is my favorite.
- Place the spring form pan into a 10 inch cake pan. Then, place the cake pan into the roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with steaming water about halfway up the cake pan. This method guarantees no water can get into the cheesecake.
- Wrap the spring form twice very tightly in foil. Place the spring form pan in the roasting pan and fill with steaming water halfway up the springform pan. This method works okay. Sometimes water still seeps inside the foil and gets into the cheesecake
Chilling The Cheesecake
Once the cheesecake is done baking, turn off the oven and crack open the door. Let it sit for 30 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. This allows the cheesecake to slowly cool and regulate. Cooling too quickly can cause the cheesecake to crack.
Now it is time to chill the cheesecake. This is the most crucial step because it dramatically changes the texture of the cheesecake.
When it is room temperature, the cheesecake flavor is light and the texture is almost soup-like. Once it chills overnight, the texture will become more dense and the flavor deeply intensifies. Don't skip this step!
Decorating The Cheesecake
This cheesecake has a simple decoration, but it is effective. It is topped in chocolate ganache (because chocolate is the best) and pretzels and Oreos. The pretzels and Oreos were added for extra texture, and they are both things that are delicious with Nutella.
First, make the chocolate ganache by pouring hot cream over chocolate chips. Mix until it super silky. Pour the chocolate over the cheesecake and smooth.
Before adding the extra decoration, place the cheesecake in the fridge for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set. Then, pile on the pretzels and Oreos!
Getting The Perfect Slice
After working so hard on this cheesecake, you need to have the perfect slices to share with your friends!
All you need is a sharp knife. After each cut, wipe the blade clean. That's it!
Storing The Cheesecake
This creamy Nutella cheesecake needs to be stored in the fridge. Store the whole cheesecake in a cake carrier or the individual slices can be stored in an air tight container. The cheesecake is good up to 5 days.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
- Lemon Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Mini chocolate cheesecakes
- Peanut butter and jelly cheesecake bars
- Easter Egg Cheesecake
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Heavy cream room temperature
- ½ cup Sour cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Nutella
- 3 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Pretzels for decoration
- Oreos for decoration
- Preheat oven 325F. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with a non-stick baking spray. Place a 9 inch parchment circle on the bottom and spray again. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to pulse Oreo cookies into a fine crumb. Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl with a fork. It should have the texture of wet sand.
- Pour into the spring form pan. Use fingers to compact the crust down and bring the crust ½ of the way up the sides. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is done baking and beginning to cool, start the cheesecake batter. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. Add in the white sugar and beat for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.
- Add in sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add in Nutella and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and mix again for 30 seconds. It should be thoroughly combined before adding eggs.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Halfway through, scrape the bowl again. Pour cheesecake batter on top of the crust.
- Prepare a water bath:1. Place spring form pan in a 10 inch cake pan. Place the cake pan into a roasting pan. Pour steaming water into the roasting pan halfway up the cake pan.2. Wrap spring form pan with foil tightly twice. Place spring form pan in the roasting pan. Fill with steaming water halfway up the spring form pan.
- Bake for 70-85 minutes. The cheesecake is done when the edges are set and the middle has a slight jiggle. Crack open the oven door, turn off the oven, and let the cheesecake slightly cool for 30 minutes. Then, place cheesecake on cooling rack until it cools completely. Cover and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Take the spring form pan off of cheesecake and remove parchment paper. Heat heavy cream in the sauce pan over medium-low heat. Heat until steaming. While the cream is heating up, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. Pour steaming heavy cream over chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir continuously until chocolate ganache is smooth and silky. If any chocolate chip chunks remain, heat in the microwave for 10 seconds. Then, stir.
- Pour chocolate over cheesecake. Use an off set spatula to smooth. Place cheesecake in the fridge for 10 minutes before adding pretzels and Oreo pieces for decoration. Cheesecake should remain in the fridge before serving.