This Oreo cheesecake is a super creamy baked cheesecake loaded with Oreo pieces and Oreo crumbs. It also has an Oreo crust, chocolate ganache, and Oreo whipped cream.
This Oreo cheesecake is a perfect cheesecake cheesecake full of Oreos to make the perfect dessert. I love cheesecake and Oreos, so this is one of my favorite cheesecake recipes. You will love this creamy Oreo cheesecake too. I promise!
Why This Recipe Works
- Perfect cheesecake recipe- I have worked hard to create the best cheesecake recipe! Cheesecakes are my passion, and I guarantee this creamy cheesecake will be your new favorite!
- Oreo cheesecake- The Oreos are a perfect complement to cheesecake with their crunch!
- Oreo crust- The Oreo crust makes sure every bite is packed with flavor! Oreo lovers will adore this cookie crust.
- Oreo whipped cream- The Oreo whipped cream on top just keeps the flavor coming! You will want this on every dessert from now on.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Oreo cookies- For the Oreo crumbs I recommend using a food processor. You will need them ground into a fine crumb for the crust. Use regular Oreos as double stuff will have too much moisture from the creme. Other flavors will work, though they will change the taste, of course.
- Unsalted butter- The butter is melted for the Oreo crust. You can melt this in the microwave.
- Heavy Cream- Pull this out 2 hours before baking for the cheesecake. For the ganache and whipped cream, it can be cold.
- Sour Cream- Use full fat sour cream or greek yogurt. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Cream cheese- Use full fat cream cheese. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Eggs- Pull the large eggs out 2 hours before baking so they are room temperature.
- Chocolate chips- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. I don't recommend milk chocolate chips because it will be too sweet.
Step By Step Instructions- Cheesecake
Here is how to make and bake this Oreo cheesecake. You will need a 9-inch parchment paper circle, 9-inch spring form pan, a rubber spatula, and an electric mixer. Either an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment works.
STEP 1: Make the crust. Using a food processor, blend the Oreos into fine crumbs. Mix them together with the melted butter using a fork.
STEP 2: Compact the crust. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and use your hands to press the crust halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Then, use the back of a measuring cup to really compact the crust down.
STEP 3: Bake the crust. Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 325°F
STEP 4: Beat the cream cheese and sugar. Beat the cream cheese and sugar in your mixer on high speed for 2 minutes.
STEP 5: Add wet ingredients. Add the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. Mix on medium speed until combined (about 1 minute).
STEP 6: Add eggs and Oreo. Add in the eggs one at a time while mixing on low speed. Then fold in the Oreo crumbs and Oreo pieces gently.
STEP 7: Bake cheesecake. Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan. Place the pan in your water bath using one of the hot water bath methods listed below.
Bake Oreo cheesecake for 60-75 minutes.
STEP 8: Cool cheesecake. Turn off the oven and prop the oven door. Let the cheesecake cool slightly for 30 minutes.
Then finish cooling on a cooling rack until room temperature. Cover and chill in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
Step By Step Instructions- Ganache and Oreo Whipped Cream
STEP 1: Make the chocolate ganache. Pour hot cream over the chocolate chips. Let it sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds and mix until smooth and shiny.
If chocolate chunks remain microwave in 10 seconds intervals and stir until they are melted.
STEP 2: Freeze bowl and whisk: Place a metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. Keeping these cold will keep your ingredients from warming up too much while whipping the cream.
STEP 3: Make Oreo whipped cream. Pour the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and crushed Oreos in the cold bowl. Use the whisk attachment on high until high stiff peaks form.
Decorating the Cheesecake
First, remove the cheesecake from the pan. Tilt it on it's side to remove the parchment paper.
Next, pour the chocolate ganache over the cheesecake. For drips down the side, use an offset spatula to push the chocolate over the edge of the cheesecake.
Then, pipe the Oreo whipped cream around the edge of the top of the cheesecake.
Place your Oreo halves along the whipped cream. Decorate with your extra Oreos and Oreo crumbs to complete the look.
Water Bath Tips
The water bath provides a moist environment for the cheesecake. This is because of the steam. When it is too dry, it will create cracks in the cheesecake.
Here are two techniques to try. They both use a roasting pan with hot steaming water.
- Place the springform pan inside a 10 inch cake pan. Place the cake pan in the roasting pan. Fill the pan with the hot water (about halfway up the cake pan)
- Wrap the springform pan with foil twice very tightly. Place the springform pan inside the roasting pan. Fill the pan halfway up with hot water.
My favorite method is the first one. This won't let any water at all get into the crust. It makes baking cheesecake so easy!
The second option gives the chance to get water inside and create a soggy crust.
Preventing Cheesecake Cracks
Beat the wet ingredients minus the eggs on high speed. Everything need to be super creamy and smooth. Chunks of cream cheese can cause cracks.
Add eggs on low speed. The goal is to have as little air as possible when mixing the eggs. Too much air can cause big air bubbles in the cheesecake batter. It will make the cheesecake rise and fall too quickly when baking. Which causes cracks.
Use a water bath. This is essential! See below for cheesecake tips.
Cool the cheesecake. Once the cheesecake is done baking, it needs to sit in the hot oven for 30 minutes. This lets it cool slowly.
If you were to put the cheesecake on the counter right after done baking, it will be too quick of a temperature change, which cause cracks.
How To Easily Remove The Cheesecake From The Pan
First, spray the springform pan with baking non stick spray. Next, line the bottom of the pan with 9 inch parchment paper circle. Make sure to spray the pan again.
Then, after the cheesecake has chilled overnight. The springform pan should pop right off. If it doesn't very gently use a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to pop it off.
Then, you should be able to lay the cheesecake on it's side to take off the bottom of pan and the parchment circle.
Divide this recipe into thirds to make 12 mini cheesecake. Bake in a muffin pan for 18-20 minutes. Follow this Mini Oreo Cheesecakes for instructions for mini cheesecakes.
You can halve the recipe to make these into cheesecake bars using 8X8 or 9X9 inch baking pan (use 16 oz of cream cheese). You can also use a 8 inch springform pan. If you want to use a 6 inch springform pan, half the recipe, but use 16 oz of cream cheese.
First, make the cheesecake is very cold. Then, use a sharp knife to cut the slices. Clean the knife after every slice.
Storing and Freezing
Store this Oreo cheesecake in the fridge in an airtight container like a cake carrier. Chill up to 5 days. The Oreos will become soft, giving less crunch. I recommend topping with fresh Oreos.
You can freeze the Oreo cheesecake in individual cake slices. Store in an airtight container and freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1-2 hours before eating.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
- 2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- ½ cup Sour cream room temperature
- ¼ cup Heavy cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 4 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup Oreo pieces
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Heavy cream
Oreo Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream cold
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs super fine crumbs
- Half Oreos for decorations
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with baking spray. Place a 9 inch parchment circle on the bottom of the pan and spray again. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to crush up Oreos into super fine crumbs.2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs
- In a small bowl, stir the melted butter and Oreo crumbs together until all wet and combined.5 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Pour the crumbs into the spring form pan. Use your fingers to press the crust evenly across the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Use the back of a measuring cup to compact the crust down.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Once crust is done baking, start on the cheesecake batter. Use a mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed for 2 minutes.24 oz Cream cheese, ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- Add sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla to the batter and mix on medium for 1 minute. There should be no more chunks left. Scrape the bowl using a rubber spatula.½ cup Sour cream, ¼ cup Heavy cream, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Add the eggs one at a time on low. Take off the mixer and fold in the Oreo crumbs and Oreo pieces gently.4 Large eggs, 1 cup Oreo pieces, ½ cup Oreo crumbs
- Pour batter on top of Oreo crust. Then, prepare a water bath.
- Water bath. Use one of these methods for a water bath. Both methods use a large roasting pan and hot steaming water.1. Place the springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan. Place the cake pan in the roasting pan and fill with hot water halfway up the cake pan. This method prevent water getting into the crust.2. Wrap the springform pan tightly twice in aluminum foil. Place the springform pan inside the roasting pan. Fill with hot water halfway up the springform pan. This method works great, but can sometimes leak water into the crust.
- Place entire water bath in oven and bake for 60-75 minutes. It is done baking when the edges are set, and the middle has a slight jiggle. Turn off the oven and crack the door open, and let it sit for 30 minutes to let the cheesecake slowly cool.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely. Cover in foil and place in fridge to cool for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Pour chocolate chip in a small bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream using a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Heat until hot and steaming. Pour it over the chocolate chips. Let it sit for 2 minutes.1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips, ½ cup Heavy cream
- Use a rubber spatula and stir consistently until smooth and glossy. If there is any chocolate chip chunks remaining, heat in the microwave for 10 second intervals until melted.
- Take the springform pan and the parchment paper off of the cheesecake. Pour the chocolate on top. Cool in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
Oreo Whipped Cream
- Place metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes before making whipped cream.
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla, powdered sugar, and Oreo crumbs in the cold metal bowl. Use a mixer to beat whipped cream on high until stiff peaks form. It should be thick enough to pipe with.1 cup Heavy whipping cream, ¼ cup Powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, ½ cup Oreo crumbs
- Pipe the Oreo whipped cream on top of the cake. Top with extra Oreos and Oreo crumbs.Half Oreos