These fudge Oreo brownies are ultra fudge brownies made with a dark cocoa powder. They have an Oreo in the middle and more Oreos on top. Every bite of these rich brownies has Oreos!
How To Make Brownie Batter
This brownie batter makes the fudgiest brownies! It has whipped eggs and tons of chocolate chips.
- Whip the eggs and sugar- To get the crinkle tops, you whip air into the eggs and sugar! It needs to whip for 5 minutes.
- Use butter and oil- This recipe uses both melted butter and oil to get the fudgy center.
- Fold in dry ingredients- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. There is more cocoa powder to flour because less flour makes a fudgy brownie. If you want a cakey brownie you would add extra flour.
- Add chocolate chips- Next, fold in the semi sweet and milk chocolate chips. Trust me, get both types of chocolate chips.
What Type of Cocoa Powder To Use
These brownies taste better when you use a Dutch process cocoa powder. I got this one from Guittard This one is my favorite because it has extra fat compared to Hershey’s brand. The extra fat will give you a very rich brownie.
You can use Dutch process Hershey’s brand, but the brownies won’t be as dark in color.
Baking The Brownies
Pour half of the brownie batter into a silver 8X8 inch pan. A light colored pan, will reduce the chances of the edges over baking.
Then, place whole Oreos on top of the brownie batter. Spread the rest of the brownie batter on top.
Next, top with milk chocolate chips and Oreo pieces. Then, bake for 45 minutes. The middle should be slightly underdone, but the edges will be set. Give the pan a jiggle, if it jiggles at all bake for another 5 minutes.
Cooling The Brownies
The fudge Oreo brownies need to be completely cooled before you dig in. When they are warm, the chocolate flavor won’t be strong. The chocolate really blooms as it cools down.
Also, the brownies will continue to cook as it cools. If you dig in too early, they can become too goopy.
Once cool, pull the brownies on to a cutting board and remove the parchment paper. Cut the brownies with a sharp knife to get even squares.
How To Store
These fudge Oreo brownies should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They will last up to 5 days.
I don’t recommend chilling the brownies, to keep the fudgy texture they need to be room temperature.
Other Brownie Recipes To Try
- Salted caramel turtle brownies
- Heart shaped brownies
- S’mores marshmallow brownies
- Brownie bottom Nutella pie
Fudge Oreo Brownies
Fudge Oreo Brownies
- 1 1/3 cups White granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 5 TBSP Unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup Oil canola, vegetable, or olive.
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Milk chocolate chips Plus more to top brownies
- 16 Oreos whole
- Oreo pieces to top brownies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8X8 inch pan with baking non-stick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper and spray again.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar on high. Beat for 5 minutes. The sugar should be light and pale.
- While mixing, heat the butter in the microwave until melted. Let it slightly cool while the eggs beat. Add in melted butter, oil, and vanilla and mix on low until combined. Pull off mixer.
- Pour in dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the dry ingredients. Be gentle to not knock out the air bubbles from the eggs. Fold in both chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Top with the whole Oreos across the whole pan. Add the rest of the batter on top. Top with Oreo pieces and milk chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. The center should be slightly underdone and the edges should be set. If there is a slight jiggle, bake for another 5 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting and serving.