These fudgy Oreo brownies are chocolate brownies full of chocolate chips and Oreo pieces. They are easy to make and have crinkle top.
These fudgy Oreo Brownies are the perfect dessert for the chocolate lover in your life. They bring together delicious brownies with Oreo cookies to make the best brownies. They are also very easy to make, so they are perfect brownies for when you have a craving for a chocolate dessert.
For more Oreo desserts recipes, try Oreo Donuts, Oreo Muffins, and Oreo Brookies.
Why This Recipe Works
- Fudgy brownies- This homemade brownies recipe is based on my Better Than Boxed Brownies, but with Oreos. They are super fudgy and incredible.
- Oreo crunch- The Oreos give a satisfying crunch that goes great with the gooey fudgy brownies
- Easy recipe- These decadent brownies are such easy brownies you will want to make them over and over again. They are so much better than a boxed brownie mix and barely any extra work.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Egg yolk- The extra egg yolk helps to give the brownies an extra fudgy texture.
- Unsalted Butter- The butter needs to be melted and slightly cooled. Too warm and the butter will cook the eggs.
- Oil- Canola oil, vegetable oil, or olive oil is perfect for this recipe.
- Dark unsweetened cocoa powder- For the best flavor I recommend you use dark unsweetened cocoa powder. Regular cocoa powder will make this recipe sweeter.
- Cornstarch- The cornstarch breaks down the gluten and provides a more fudgy texture and a more chewier brownie.
- Chocolate chips- I used semisweet chocolate chips. You can use dark chocolate chips, but I don't recommend milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips since they will make it sweeter.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake these Oreo brownies
STEP 1: Spray a 9X9 inch pan. Spray the pan with non-stick baking spray. For easy removal of the brownies, place parchment paper on the bottom and sides of the prepared baking pan.
For alternatives to a 9x9 square baking pan see FAQ below.
STEP 2: Mix the dry ingredients. Use a sifter to make sure all the all-purpose flour and cocoa powder lumps are gone.
Mix the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl.
STEP 3: Beat eggs and sugar. Next, use a mixer with a whisk attachment in. Whip the large eggs and granulated sugar for 5 straight minutes. Just the let the mixer run!
This adds air to the eggs and creates the crinkly top.
STEP 4: Add in wet ingredients. Then, add in the melted unsalted butter, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix on low to not deflate the air in the eggs.
STEP 5: Add in dry ingredients. Mix in the dry ingredients on low speed. Make sure it is completely combined. Then, fold in chocolate chips and crushed Oreos.
STEP 6: Bake the brownies. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place remaining Oreos pieces on top of the brownies batter. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Bake until the edges are set and the middle is a little bit under baked.
If you stick a toothpick in and it comes out with batter on it give it another 5-10 minutes of baking time. If it comes out with crumbs it is ready.
STEP 7: Cool the brownies. For the best results, the brownies need to cool completely before cutting into them. They still cook as they cool down. Cool the pan on a wire rack.
Expert Baking Tips
When you are baking these brownies, you need to be careful when adding in the rest of the ingredients after the eggs are beaten.
If they are added in too fast, the eggs' air will deflate and you won't get as much of a rise from the brownies.
Make sure to spray the pan with baking non-stick spray, so the brownies don't stick to the pan. It is also a good idea to place parchment paper on the bottom of the tray as well.
These brownies are also best enjoyed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
This means that the brownies were too under done. You will probably have extremely fudgy brownies. Bake the brownies again for another 15-20 minutes to cook them more.
This means the brownies are over baked. Make sure when you bake these, the center is slightly under done.
I have not recipe tested this. If you make these with an egg substitute, let me know.
Yes you can. It will just make thick brownies.
Yes you can. Just double the recipe.
Storing and Freezing
Store these Oreo brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last up to 3-4 days. They are best slightly warm. The Oreo will lose some of their crunch over time.
Store these brownies in the freezer in an airtight container. They will last up to 30 days in the freezer. Thaw for 1 hour before enjoying.
Other Brownie Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you loved this recipe! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @stephaniesweettreats. To get more ideas follow me on Pinterest.
Fudge Oreo Brownies
- 2 cups White granulated sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- ½ cup Unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup Oil canola, vegetable, or olive.
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Oreo pieces plus more to top the brownies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 9X9 inch pan with baking non-stick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper and spray again.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Set aside. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar on high speed for 5 minutes. The sugar should be light and pale.2 cups White granulated sugar, 3 Large eggs, ¾ cup All-purpose flour, 1 cup Dark unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Cornstarch, ½ teaspoon Salt, 1 Egg yolk
- While mixing, heat the butter in the microwave until melted. Let it slightly cool while the eggs beat. Add in melted butter, oil, and vanilla and mix on low until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined.½ cup Unsalted butter, ½ cup Oil, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Take off the mixer, and use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and Oreo pieces. Pour the batter into the pan. Top with extra Oreo pieces.1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup Oreo pieces
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. The center should be slightly underdone and the edges should be set. If you stick a toothpick in and it has batter on it, bake for another 5-10 minutes. If the toothpick comes out with crumbs, then it is ready.
- Let it cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack. Once cool, take out of the pan and serve.
These brownies are seriously AMAZING! The recipe is easy to follow and they turned out perfect!
Elizabeth Holliday says
These brownies are out of this world amazing! They’re so fudgy and delicious…blink and they’re gone! I will be coming back to this recipe time and time again - yum!