These pumpkin s'mores cookies are chewy and large pumpkin cookies. They are filled with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips. There are melty marshmallows which makes these the perfect s'mores cookies!
These pumpkin cookies are very soft and chewy pumpkin cookies. They don't require a mixer or a chill time. This cookie recipe is SO easy!
They are s'mores cookies because they have graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and marshmallows!
Why You Will Love This
- Chewy pumpkin cookies- These have a chewy cookie texture. They also have crisp cookie edges.
- Easy to make- There is no mixer required and no chill time!
- S'mores cookies- There are graham cracker crumbs, graham cracker extract, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
Extra Graham Cracker Flavor
The best part about this recipe is it has both graham cracker crumbs and graham cracker extract.
Amoretti® graham cracker extract is such a high quality flavor. It is made using natural ingredients.
Basically, it just increases the s'mores flavor!
- Spices- This recipe uses cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice. This cookie is heavily spiced!
- Graham cracker crumbs- Blend 3 whole crackers to get a ½ cup. Plus more for topping the cookie.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Graham cracker extract- This is optional.
- Pumpkin puree- Use a high quality brand pumpkin puree.
- Marshmallows- You can use any size, but I used regular marshmallows.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make and bake the cookies.
STEP 1: Blot the pumpkin. Place the pumpkin puree in a paper towel lined bowl. This will soak some of the moisture.
STEP 2: Mix the dry ingredients. Use a sifter to make sure no flour lumps get in the dough.
STEP 3: Mix the wet ingredients. First, mix the melted butter and sugars. Then, add in the egg yolk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and graham cracker extract.
STEP 4: Add in dry ingredients. Gently fold all of the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Then, add in the chocolate chips.
STEP 5: Scoop the dough. Use a large 3oz cookie scoop. Then, flatten the dough slightly.
STEP 6: Bake for 12 minutes. Then, place the cut marshmallows on top of the cookie. Bake for another 1-4 minutes. Depending on how crispy you want your edges.
STEP 7: Top the cookies. Top the cookies with more chocolate chips and extra graham cracker crumbs.
If you want a more cakey cookie, then don't blot the pumpkin. The extra moisture is what causes a cakey cookie.
When you are baking the cookies, make sure to use parchment paper on the cookie sheet. This prevents over spreading.
On that note, the cookie dough needs to be smushed slightly to make they spread more like a cookie and less like a muffin.
Yes you can. They taste even better on day 2 and 3! You can also freeze the cookie dough balls. Make sure to thaw completely before baking.
I haven't recipe tested this, but a little extra pumpkin can replace the egg yolk.
No, this is optional. It just adds to the flavor.
Storing and Freezing
Store these pumpkin s'mores cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last up to 5 days.
Freeze these cookies in an airtight container. Freeze up to 30 days. Thaw the cookies for 1 hour before eating.
Other Pumpkin Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Pumpkin S'mores Cookies
- 2 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup Unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Amoretti Graham Cracker Extract
- ¾ cup Pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 Large egg yolk
- 1 ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips You can also use minis
- 15-20 Marshmallows cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place the pumpkin puree in a paper towel and let it soak up the moisture.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and let it cool.1 cup Unsalted butter
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. Blend graham crackers into crumbs by using a blender/ food processor.2 ¾ cups All-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon Baking soda, ¼ teaspoon Baking powder, 1 teaspoon Salt, 2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg, 2 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice, ½ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add in vanilla, graham cracker extract, pumpkin puree, and egg yolk. Mix until just combined.1 cup Brown sugar, ¼ cup White granulated sugar, 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon Amoretti Graham Cracker Extract, ¾ cup Pumpkin puree, 1 Large egg yolk
- Fold in dry ingredients and graham cracker crumbs. Mix in the chocolate chips.1 ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Scoop the dough using a 3oz cookie scoop. Place 6 heaping scoops on each cookie sheet. Press the cookies down slightly using your hand. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Place the cut in half marshmallows on the cookies. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes. Optional: Add extra chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs on top of the cookies. Let the cookies sit for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring cooling rack.15-20 Marshmallows