These are the BEST s'mores fluffy marshmallow brownies. They have a graham cracker crust with a lot of butter and a fudgy brownie layer with chocolate chips. They are topped with marshmallow fluff that is toasted campfire style and topped with a chocolate ganache frosting. To level out the sweetness, they are topped with flaky sea salt.
Graham Cracker Crust Layer
You can't have s'mores without a graham cracker!
This graham cracker crust is made with graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar.
First, the graham cracker crumbs need to be fine. Use a food processor or blender to blend them into fine crumbs.
Next, mix everything together using a fork and pour into the prepared 8X8 inch pan.
Use the back of a measuring cup to compact the crust down firmly. Then, bake for 8 minutes to firm up the crust before adding the brownie layer.
Tips To Make Fudgy Brownies
This is my staple brownie recipe because it is TOO good. It creates fudgy interior and a crackle top. Here is how to make it.
- Sift dry ingredients- Most cocoa powders I have used are a bit lumpy. Use a sifter to make sure it is smooth.
- Beat eggs and sugar- Use a hand or stand mixer with a whisk attachment for this. Beat these for 5 straight minutes. This is what gives the brownies the crackle top. The sugar mixture should be super light in color and texture.
- Add in the rest of the wet ingredients- Tip: melt the butter while you are beating the eggs for it to slightly cool before adding in. Then, add in on low to not mess with the air in the eggs.
- Fold in dry ingredients- You have to be so gentle during this part. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the dry ingredients. This takes a few minutes.
- Add in chocolate chips- Use both semi-sweet and milk chocolate to get a balance of chocolate flavors.
Baking The Brownies
Pour the batter on top of the graham cracker crust. Then, bake for 35 minutes. Since they are brownes, they need to have a fudgy and gooey interior.
This means the middle needs to be slightly underdone while the edges are set when it is is done cooking. It cook longer while it sits in the hot pan.
Toasted Marshmallow Fluff Layer
Once you pull the brownies out of the oven, start the marshmallow layer so the marshmallows can be melty.
Top with the mini marshmallows. Then, melt the marshmallow creme in the microwave for 20 seconds. Use the entire container.
Pour over the mini marshmallows. Use a spatula to smooth it.
Then, use a kitchen torch or the broil setting on the oven to toast the top.
For the oven set it to broil on high. Then, it will take 1-2 minutes to get it that golden brown color. Watch it like a hawk because it can burn easily.
Then, let the brownies cool completely before adding the chocolate layer.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
This is the easiest and richest chocolate frosting. It is my favorite to use lately.
Start by pouring the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Let it sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds. This lets the hot cream melt the chocolate chips. Then mix until smooth.
Place the chocolate ganache in the fridge for 45 minutes. Make sure to stir every 10-15 minutes. Stirring the chocolate makes sure it cools at the same rate.
Once ready, spread over the cooled brownies. Take the brownies out of the pan before spreading. I used the back of a regular spoon to get the ripple look.
Do I Need The Sea Salt
Yes. In my opinion. You definitely need the sea salt. The combination of all the layers make for a rich and sweet brownie. The flaky sea salt helps to cut down the sweetness and balance the flavor.
Cutting The Brownies Into Perfect Squares.
First, the s'mores fluffy marshmallow brownies shouldn't be cut in the pan. Always cut them on a cutting board.
Use a sharp knife and after each cut wipe the blade clean. This helps to keeps the layers from bleeding into each other as you cut.
That is my big secret for perfect brownie squares. Just keep the knife clean!
Storing The Brownies
The s'mores fluffy marshmallow brownies should be stored in the fridge. If left out at room temperature, the marshmallow layer will ooze out. Keep them cold to prevent this from happening.
Wrap them in an air tight container. They will last up to 5 days.
Other Brownie Recipes To Try
S'mores Fluffy Marshmallow Brownies
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ¼ cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 5 TBSP Unsalted butter melted
- 1 TBSP Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 11/3 cups White granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk room temperature
- 5 TBSP Unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup Oil canola or vegetable
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Milk chocolate chips
- 7 oz Marshmallow creme use all of the container
- 1 cup Mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Sea salt
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 8X8 inch pan with baking non-stick spray. Line bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper. Spray again.
- Use a food processor to turn graham cracker to fine graham cracker crumbs. Mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter together with a fork. Pour into the pan. Use the back of a measuring cup to compact the crust. The crust should be on the bottom and not up the sides.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar for 5 minutes on high. While waiting, heat butter in the microwave and allow it to cool slightly.
- Add in melted butter, oil, and vanilla. Mix on low until combined. Take off mixer. Pour in dry ingredients. Gently fold with a rubber spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over graham cracker crust. Bake for 40-50 minutes. The edges will be set and the middle will be slightly underdone. Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Scoop marshmallow creme into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20-30 seconds until melty. Pour over mini marshmallows. Spread evenly.
- Pour chocolate chips into a bowl. Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Heat until hot and steaming. Pour over chocolate chips. Let it sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Mix until smooth.
- Place in fridge for 45 minutes. Mix every 10-15 minutes. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Place brownies in the freezer for 15 minutes before cutting. Top with sea salt right before serving.