These s'mores cookie bars have a graham cracker cookie base. They have layers of quality chocolate bars and mini marshmallows. These bars are topped with a peanut butter marshmallow fluff, extra cookie, melted chocolate, and toasted mini marshmallows.
When I first made these s'mores cookie bars, they were super sweet. The marshmallow fluff made the bars hard to eat since they were so sweet. To fix that, I turned the marshmallow fluff into peanut butter marshmallow fluff! This tones down the sweetness a lot!
Why You Will Love This
- SUPER easy to make- The only thing you have to really make is the graham cracker cookie dough. Everything else gets thrown into the pan. It is super simple!
- Graham cracker cookie- This is a traditional cookie dough, but full of graham cracker crumbs.
- Chocolate layer- This has 2 full bars of high quality chocolate.
- Peanut butter marshmallow fluff- This stuff is too good. It is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff mixed together and spread on top of the chocolate.
- Toasted marshmallows- On top of these bars are toasted mini marshmallows. They really complete the feel!
These are some notes about the ingredients used.
- Dairy ingredients- Pull out the butter and eggs 2 hours before baking.
- Graham cracker crumbs- Blend these into small pieces not all the way to a fine crumb.
- Chocolate bars- Make sure to use quality chocolate. I used Lindt chocolate bars 70%. I don't recommend using milk chocolate. It will be way too sweet mixed with the marshmallows.
- Mini marshmallows- Use any brand of marshmallows.
- Peanut butter- I used Jif (or Skippy) creamy peanut butter. You can use crunchy if you prefer. Don't use natural peanut butter, because it is too runny for this recipe.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make and assemble these cookie bars.
STEP 1: Blend the graham cracker crumbs. Mix these into the dry ingredients.
STEP 2: Use a mixer, to blend butter and sugars together. It will be very light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and eggs. Then, add in the dry ingredients.
STEP 3: Separate off ¼th of the dough. Press the rest of the the dough into a 9X9 pan. Make sure to spray with baking spray and place parchment paper in the pan. This will make taking it out of the pan a lot easier.
STEP 4: Place chocolate bars on top of cookie dough. Take ⅛ of the chocolate off each bar. This will go on top. Next, sprinkle mini marshmallows on the chocolate.
STEP 5: Mix the marshmallow creme and the peanut butter together using a mixer. Beat until combined. Then, heat in the microwave until melty and spreadable. Spread peanut butter marshmallow fluff over the chocolate. The chocolate will get a tiny bit melty.
STEP 6: Top with the remaining cookie dough. Flatten the cookie dough using your hands and spread it around the pan. Top with the remaining chocolate. (Cut into the small/medium pieces).
STEP 7: Bake for 25-30 minutes. The bars will be lightly golden on top. Immediately top with the mini marshmallows. Let it cool completely before toasting the top.
If you would like a firmer bar base, pre-bake the bottom layer for 5-8 minutes before assembling. I like a softer cookie bar. They will appear very soft while warm, but it will firm while cool.
Make sure you chill the bars slightly before cutting into them. Otherwise the chocolate will still be melty even at room temperature. It will be super messy!
If you would like to broil the s'mores cookie bars instead of using a kitchen torch, you can! Take the bars out of the parchment paper, then place on a cookie sheet. Let the marshmallow come to a golden brown. This takes about 1-3 minutes.
No you don't. I know some countries don't have graham crackers. The closest thing to it is a digestive biscuit. If you don't want to use either, add an extra 1 cup of flour.
Absolutely! I suggest using anything above 60%. If you are wanting something sweeter, you can use milk chocolate or just add chocolate chips on top.
No, you can use regular marshmallows.
No. If can, use another nut butter. You can use nothing at all. It will just be a bit sweeter.
I have not recipe tested this. If you make this with no eggs, let me know!
These s'mores cookie bars need to be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They will last up to 5 days.
Other S'mores Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
S'mores Cookie Bars
- ½ cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large egg room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¼ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz Semi-sweet or dark chocolate bars I used 70%
- 1 cup Mini marshmallows for filling
- 8 oz Marshmallow creme the whole container.
- ⅓ cup Peanut butter creamy
- 2 ½ cups Mini marshmallows for topping. Use as many as you want.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9X9 pan with baking non-stick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper. Spray again.
- Using a food processor/blender blend a whole packet of graham crackers into a fine crumb. Place in a mixing bowl. In the same mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.1 ¾ cup All-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon Baking soda, 1 ¼ cup Graham cracker crumbs, 1 teaspoon Salt
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat on medium-high until very light and fluffy. (1-2 minutes). Add in the vanilla. Mix on medium until combined. Add in eggs and mix until smooth. Scrape the bowl.½ cup Unsalted butter, ¾ cup Brown sugar, ¼ cup White granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 2 Large egg
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix on low until combined. Separate ¼ of the dough. This will be for the top.
- Press the rest of the dough into the baking pan. Compact the dough on the bottom and not up the sides.
- Take ⅛th of the chocolate off of both bars. This will be for the top of the cookies. Place both bars of chocolate in the pan. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate.8 oz Semi-sweet or dark chocolate bars, 1 cup Mini marshmallows
- Using a mixer, beat the marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Mix until combined. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the marshmallow creme for 15-20 seconds. It should be melty and easy to spread. Spread the fluff on top of the marshmallows. Spread to the edges.8 oz Marshmallow creme, ⅓ cup Peanut butter
- Take small amounts of dough and flatten into a disc using your hands. Place the dough on top of the marshmallow fluff. Use all the of the dough. Chop the remaining chocolate into medium pieces. Place on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. It is done baking when the top of the cookie is golden brown. Top with the mini marshmallows. Let it cool for 1 hour in the pan. Take it out of the pan and place in the freezer for 20 minutes. This will solidify the chocolate slightly. Torch with a kitchen torch or broil on high in the oven until lightly golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.2 ½ cups Mini marshmallows