This easy cinnamon swirl banana bread is a one bowl recipe. It is a moist cinnamon banana bread with three layers of cinnamon swirl. The cinnamon filling gives it a crunchy top. It is easy to make and tastes amazing!
This cinnamon swirl banana bread is so easy, but it packs ALL the flavor. Not only does the banana bread have a little bit of cinnamon, but there is three layers of a cinnamon swirl!
If you love cinnamon with your banana bread, you are going to love this recipe!
Why You Will Love This
- Easy to make- This recipe is super easy to make and no mixer is required!
- Moist banana bread- The banana bread is so soft because it has sour cream in the batter.
- Cinnamon swirl- The cinnamon swirl layers are so good and pack a ton of flavor.
- Butter- The butter needs to be slightly cooled before you use it. If it is too hot, it will cook the eggs.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Sour cream- Use full fat sour cream. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Eggs- Pull these out 2 hours before baking.
- Bananas- Use three ripe spotted bananas.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake this banana bread.
STEP 1: Mix wet ingredients together. First, mix the butter, brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla together. Then, mix in the mashed bananas.
STEP 2: Add in the dry ingredients. Next, add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Fold it in, until just combined. Don't over mix!
STEP 3: Make the cinnamon filling. Mix the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix this just before swirling.
STEP 4: Swirl in the cinnamon filling. First, spread a third of batter in the loaf pan. Dollop a third of the cinnamon filling and swirl with a butter knife. Repeat with the second layer and the third layer.
STEP 5: Bake the banana bread. Bake for 55-65 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
STEP 6: Cool. Let the banana bread sit for 10 minutes in the hot pan. Then, let it cool completely on the wire rack.
Expert Baking Tips
The bananas need to be thoroughly mashed before adding to the batter. I like to mash mine on a plate with a potato masher or a fork.
If you mash them in a bowl, it is harder to mash all the way.
To prevent the banana bread from stick to the pan, spray the pan with a baking spray.
Then, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with parchment paper. It need to stick out slightly to be easy to grab out of the pan. Spray the pan again.
The batter will fit a 9X5 pan. If you have an 8X4 pan, fill until ¾ths full. The extra batter can be made into muffins.
Yes it can. You can use greek yogurt.
Yes you can! Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Storing and Freezing
Store this cinnamon swirl banana bread in an airtight container. Store up to 5 days. It is best served slightly warm.
You can freeze the cinnamon swirl banana bread in individual slices. Wrap each slice in cling wrap and freeze up to 30 days.
Thaw for 1 hour before eating. You can also warm in the microwave.
Other Banana Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Easy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- ½ cup Unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- ¾ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ¼ cup Sour cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 3 Ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoon White granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9X5 loaf with baking nonstick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides with parchment paper. Spray again.
- Heat the butter in the microwave until melted. Let it slightly cool for 5 minutes before using. While you wait, mash the bananas. It is easier to mash on a plate, use a fork or potato masher.½ cup Unsalted butter, 3 Ripe bananas
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs. Add in the mashed bananas and mix again.¾ cup Brown sugar, ¼ cup Sour cream, 2 Large eggs, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Fold until mixed together. Make sure to not to over mix.2 cups All-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon Baking soda, ½ teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, melt the butter. Add in sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until combined. It should be able to mix into the batter just fine. Make sure it isn't too thin.3 tablespoon Unsalted butter, 3 tablespoon White granulated sugar, 3 tablespoon Brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Pour ⅓rd of the batter into the pan. Use a 1 teaspoon to dollop the cinnamon mixture. Use ⅓rd of the cinnamon mixture. Use a butter knife to swirl it in. Repeat with the second layer by adding in another ⅓rd of the batter and ⅓rd of the cinnamon mixture.
- Add the rest of the batter. Dollop the rest of cinnamon mixture on top. Use the butter knife to swirl it in.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely before cutting into it.