These jumbo blueberry muffins are bursting with fresh blueberries and have a crunchy sugar topping. They are also moist with extra sour cream and make the most perfect bakery style muffin. These taste just like a muffin you would get at a bakery!
If you are wanting jumbo blueberry muffins that are just like getting them from a bakery, these are the ones! They bake into very tall and fluffy blueberry muffins.
Why You Will Love This
- Jumbo muffins- These are jumbo muffins, a great use out of the jumbo muffin pan!
- Easy to make recipe- This recipe is incredibly easy to make with no mixer required!
- Fresh blueberries- Fresh blueberries go perfectly in these muffins!
- Crunchy sugar top- Top these with sugar for it to crystalize in the oven. It gives the muffins a crunchy top!
Here are some notes about the ingredients used.
- Room temperature dairy ingredients- Pull these out 2 hour before baking
- Melted butter- This is why the muffins can be made by hand!
- Sour cream- Use full fat sour cream. The fat helps to break down the gluten.
- Milk- Use 2% or whole cows milk. Don't use skim.
- Blueberries- Fresh blueberries is best. You can use frozen, but let them thaw first.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make and bake these blueberry muffins.
STEP 2: Mix the dry ingredients. Use a sifter to prevent any flour lumps getting into your batter.
STEP 3: Mix wet ingredients. Mix the melted butter, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs.
STEP 4: Alternate mixing in dry ingredients and milk. Alternate these to insure they get fully mixed in.
STEP 5: Add in blueberries. Separate the blueberries into 2 pies. Most will go in the batter, the rest will go on top. Be gentle to not bleed the blueberries.
STEP 6: Scoop the batter. Fill the liners ¾ths full and top with remaining blueberries. Sprinkle the sugar on top.
STEP 7: Bake at 425F for 10 minutes. Then. reduce the oven to 375F and bake for 15-20 minutes. They will bake tall and fluffy.
Make sure to wash and dry the blueberries before you start baking. If they are wet, they are more likely to sink to the bottom of the muffin.
Your milk and eggs needs to be room temperature before baking. If they are cold, it will cause a more dense and short muffin.
Yes! Fill the tin ⅔rds of the way and bake for 18-20 minutes.
I prefer to eat the muffins fresh from the oven. However, I recommend heating the muffins in the oven for 10-15 seconds and serve with butter.
I have not recipe tested this, but I am sure it will work.
I have not recipe test this. If you use an egg substitution, let me know.
Yes you can!
Storing And Freezing
To store the muffins, you can keep them at room temperature or in the fridge. Make sure they are well covered either way.
At room temperature they will last 3-5 days. If they are in the fridge, they will last 5-7 days.
You can absolutely freeze these jumbo blueberry muffins. Wrap them up tightly with cling wrap, then place them in Tupperware or aluminum foil.
To thaw the muffins, leave them out on a counter until room temperature. Then, you can microwave it for 15-30 seconds to warm it.
New Related Posts
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Danish
- Chocolate Chip Stuffed Scones
- Sweet Cream Pancakes
Other Breakfast Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
- ½ cup Unsalted butter melted
- 1 ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Sour cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ cup Milk room temperature
- 2 cups Blueberries washed and dried. Separated 1 ¾ and ¼ cup
- 3 teaspoon White granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line jumbo muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.2 cups All-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon Salt, 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, sugar, and sour cream. Whisk until smooth.½ cup Unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cup White granulated sugar, ¼ cup Sour cream
- Add in vanilla and eggs. Mix until smooth.1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 2 Large eggs
- Switch to a baking spatula. Add ⅓ of the dry ingredients and ½ of the milk. Mix until flour is incorporated. Add the next ⅓ of the dry ingredients and the rest of the milk. Then, add the rest of the dry ingredients. Scrape the bowl.½ cup Milk
- Fold in 1 ¾ cup of the blueberries.2 cups Blueberries
- Use a large ice cream scoop to fill the muffin liners ¾ full. Top the muffins with extra blueberries. Sprinkle the white sugar on top of muffins.3 teaspoon White granulated sugar
- Bake for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 375°F. Bake for 15-25 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let sit in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Store covered at room temperature or in fridge.