This lemon cheesecake with strawberry sauce is a no bake cheesecake recipe. This recipe has a lemon cookie crust, a no bake lemon cheesecake is ultra creamy, and topped with a strawberry sauce. This recipe is perfect to make when you don't want to turn on your oven.
This recipe is perfect for the strawberry season! It is made using Tate's Bake Shop Lemon Cookies. They make the perfect cookie crust for this cheesecake recipe.
The best part about this cheesecake is the fresh strawberry sauce. It is super easy to make and makes the perfect cheesecake topping.
Why This Recipe Works
- Lemon cookie crust- The lemon cookies work as a crust just like graham crackers. It uses Tate's Bake Shop high quality lemon cookies to make a tender crust.
- No bake cheesecake- The creamy cheesecake filling is full of fresh lemon and is made by folding in whipped cream. It does need to chill at least 6 hours for it to set completely.
- Homemade strawberry sauce- This sauce can be made using fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries. It takes 10 minutes to cook on the stove.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Tate's Bake Shop Lemon Cookies- Their lemon cookies are such high quality and have a crisp texture which is perfect for the crust.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Unsalted butter- It needs to be melted for the crust.
- Cream cheese- Use full fat cream cheese. Pull this out 2 hours before baking for the best quality.
- Lemon- Use a zester and a juicer to get the best flavor.
- Strawberries- Use fresh or frozen strawberries.
- Cornstarch- This help to thicken the sauce.
The Best Quality Cookies
I love Tate's Bake Shop cookies! I have used their chocolate chip cookies to make this chocolate cookie cinnamon rolls.
Their lemon cookies are super crisp and buttery. They are full of a strong lemon flavor, which pairs so well with the cheesecake!
My dad has been a huge fan of these cookies for a long time. When he found out this cheesecake crust is made from Tate's Bake Shop, he was SO excited.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make this strawberry lemon cheesecake. This recipe requires a stand mixer with both a paddle attachment and whisk attachment or a hand mixer (electric mixer).
STEP 1: Prepare the springform pan. The 9-inch springform pan needs to be sprayed with a baking nonstick spray. Line the bottom with a 9-inch parchment paper circle.
STEP 2: Make the crust. Blend the lemon cookies in a food processor into a fine crumb. In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
Pour the crust into the pan. Use your hands to press the crust halfway up the sides of the pan. Then, use a measuring cup to compact the crust on the bottom of the pan.
STEP 3: Freeze the crust. Next, freeze the prepared crust for at least 10 minutes while you make the cheesecake batter.
STEP 4: Beat the cream cheese and sugar. Beat both of these in a large bowl on high speed for 2 minutes. Then, add in vanilla extract, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice.
Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
STEP 5: Beat the whipped cream. Freeze a metal bowl and whisk attachment for 10 minutes. A cold bowl makes making whipped cream a lot easier.
Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
STEP 6: Fold in whipped cream. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula. Be very gentle!
Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust.
STEP 7: Chill. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and chill for at least 6 hours. I chilled mine overnight.
Step By Step Instructions- Strawberry Sauce
STEP 1: Mix ingredients. In a medium saucepan, mix the chopped strawberries, sugar, vanilla, salt, and lemon juice.
STEP 2: Mix cornstarch. Then, mix the cornstarch and water together until the cornstarch dissolves. Pour the cornstarch into the saucepan.
STEP 3: Heat. Heat this on medium heat. The strawberries will start to release their juices. Then, cook until the sauce thickens. This took me 5 minutes.
STEP 4: Cool. The sauce needs to be completely cooled before using. I made the sauce the same day I made the cheesecake and cooled the sauce overnight.
STEP 5: Decorate the cheesecake. Take the pan off the cheesecake. Tilt the cheesecake on its side to remove the parchment paper.
Then, pour the sauce on top of the cheesecake and serve.
Expert Baking Tips
- To prevent cream cheese chunks, the cream cheese needs to be room temperature. Then, make sure to beat this thoroughly until it is smooth before adding the whipped cream.
- When in the whipped cream, you need to be SUPER careful. This takes a few minutes to fold it in. If you are even a little too rough, the air will be knocked out of the cheesecake. Then, it will be like you added 1 ¼ cups of liquid heavy cream to batter.
- The cheesecake has to be cooled for at least 6 hours. It needs a long time in the fridge to completely set. This can't be rushed.
- Don't pour the strawberry sauce over the cheesecake before it is completely set. Otherwise the strawberries will sink into the cheesecake.
This is because you were too rough folding the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. You need to be very gentle. Or this could be because the cheesecake didn't chill long enough.
Yes you can! You can use blueberries or blackberries. Or do a mix!
You can skip the lemon juice and lemon zest in the cheesecake batter to have a regular cheesecake.
Storing and Freezing
Store this cheesecake with strawberry sauce in an airtight container like a cake carrier. Store in the fridge up to 5 days. Don't leave the cheesecake out too long because it will start to melt.
The cheesecake can be frozen Cover in plastic wrap and freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before serving.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
Lemon Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
Lemon Cookie Crust
- 3 cups Tate's Bake Shop Lemon Cookies fine crumb 1 ½ bags of lemon cookies
- ⅛ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark.
- ½ cup Unsalted butter melted
Lemon No Bake Cheesecake
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ⅔ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Large lemon zested
- ⅛ cup Lemon juice or half of one lemon juiced.
- 1 ¼ cup Heavy cream
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 lbs Strawberries washed and quarted
- ⅓ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
Lemon Cookie Crust
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking nonstick spray. Line the bottom with a 9 inch parchment paper circle and spray again.
- Using a food processor to blend the cookies into a fine crumb. In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter with a fork.3 cups Tate's Bake Shop Lemon Cookies, ⅛ cup Brown sugar, ½ cup Unsalted butter
- Pour crumbs into the pan. Use your hands to press the crumbs into the sides of the pan. It should go half way up the sides of the pan. Use the back of a measuring cup to compact the crust.
- Place in the freezer while you make the cheesecake batter.
- Place a metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream and pwodered sugar and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.1 ¼ cup Heavy cream, ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl. Add vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat on high until smooth.24 oz Cream cheese, ⅔ cup White granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 1 Large lemon zested, ⅛ cup Lemon juice
- Pour the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Use a rubber spatula to fold the whipped cream into the batter. Be gentle to not to over mix the whipped cream. If you aren't gentle, the cheesecake batter won't set.
- Pour cheesecake batter on top of crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Wash and quarter the strawberries. Pour strawberries into a medium saucepan. Add sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and salt.1 lbs Strawberries, ⅓ cup White granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon Lemon juice, ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- In a separate bowl, mix water and cornstarch together. Once the cornstarch is combined, pour into the saucepan.1 tablespoon Cornstarch, 2 tablespoon Water
- Stir and heat on medium heat. Cook until the strawberries start to loose their juice and the sauce starts to thicken. This should take 5 minutes. Cool the mixture completely.
- It will thicken as it cools. Store in the fridge.
- Once the cheesecake is cooled, take off the springform pan and remove the parchment paper. Pour the strawberry sauce on top.TIP: The cheesecake will melt very easily. Make sure it is cold before cutting into it.