This Nutella ice cream is a no churn ice cream recipe that is easy to make. This has Nutella ice cream with ribbons of Nutella swirled through out. It also has pieces of Ferrero Rocher mixed through out.
This homemade Nutella ice cream is basically the dream ice cream for Nutella lovers. Not only is this a no churn recipe, but it also has Ferrero Rocher pieces! The crunch from the truffles makes the best texture!
Why This Recipe Works
- No churn ice cream- This is such an easy to make recipe!
- Nutella swirl ice cream- There is Nutella in the ice cream and swirled in.
- Ferrero Rocher candies- These get chopped and sprinkled in throughout the ice cream.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Heavy cream- It needs to be cold
- Sweetened condensed milk- You need 1 can.
- Nutella- Use regular Nutella for this recipe. Homemade Nutella will be too runny.
- Ferrero Rocher- These truffles go perfect in this ice cream! You can make the ice cream without it or substitute any truffle or chocolate.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make this ice cream. You will need a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment. You also need a 9X5-inch loaf pan. Also, you don't need an ice cream machine!
STEP 1: Mix the wet ingredients. In a medium bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and ½ cup of melted Nutella.
STEP 2: Make the whipped cream. Beat the heavy cream on high speed in a metal large mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Then, take off the mixer.
STEP 3: Fold in the Nutella. Pour half of the Nutella mixture into the whipped cream and use a rubber spatula to gently fold it in. Then, add the rest of the Nutella mixture and fold.
STEP 4: Layer the ice cream. Pour third of the ice cream into the prepared pan. Drizzle a third of the ¼ cup of melted Nutella and a third of the chopped Ferrero Rochers. Repeat with the second layer.
For the last layer, pour in the rest of the ice cream and drizzle the rest of the Nutella on top. Use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella into the ice cream. Then, top with the rest of the chopped Ferrero Rocher pieces.
STEP 5: Freeze. Cover the ice cream pan with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil and let it freeze overnight!
Expert Baking Tips
- Use a metal bowl and whisk attachment to whip the whipped cream. Place it in the freezer for 10 minutes so it is cold. This will make it so much easier!
- For a creamier ice cream, beat the whipped cream into soft peaks vs stiff peaks.
- Be very gentle when mixing the Nutella mixture into the whipped cream. If you are too rough, it will knock the air out of the whipped cream and ice cream won't set right.
- Place the Ferrero Rochers in the freezer to get cold. Once they are chopped, put them back in the freezer to get cold before you pour on top of the ice cream.
- The ice cream NEEDS to be chilled overnight. It needs a long chill time to set completely.
You can also use a 8 or 9-inch cake pan. Make sure it is metal!
First, make sure the ice cream is in the freezer for at least 12 hours before you try to dig in. It takes a long time. If it still isn't set, that is probably because you were too rough when mixing in the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream.
It is a little denser than churned ice cream, but it tastes incredible!
Keep the Nutella ice cream in the freezer. It will be ready to scoop right away! It last up to 30 days in the freezer.
Other Ice Cream Recipes To Try
Nutella Ice Cream
- 2 cups Heavy cream cold
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Nutella divided
- 1 Package of Ferrero Rocher chopped
- Place a metal bowl and whisk attachments in the freezer for 10 minutes. In a microwave safe bowl, melt ½ cup of Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds. Place the Ferrero Rochers in the freezer¾ cup Nutella, 1 Package of Ferrero Rocher
- Using a mixer and the cold bowl, beat the heavy cream on high speed until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and Nutella.2 cups Heavy cream, 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk, 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- Take the whipped cream off the mixer. Pour in half of the Nutella mixture. Use a rubber spatula to fold it into the whipped cream. Be gentle, mix until almost combined. Pour in the rest of the Nutella mixture and fold it in.
- Melt the ¼ cup of Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds. Take the Ferrero Rocher out and chop into small pieces. In a 9X5-inch loaf pan, pour a third of the ice cream. Drizzle a third of the melted Nutella and a third of the chopped truffles.¾ cup Nutella
- Pour another ⅓rd of the ice cream, drizzle a third of the Nutella and sprinkle another third of the chopped truffles. Then, pour the rest of the ice cream on top. Drizzle the rest of the Nutella and use a butter knife to gently swirl it in. Top with the rest of the chopped Ferrero Rochers.
- Cover the loaf pan with cling wrap and aluminum foil and place in the freezer overnight.