This no bake blueberry cheesecake has a graham cracker crust, a no bake cheesecake, and a blueberry sauce both in the cheesecake and on top! It is easy to make and tastes so good. This is a perfect dessert for blueberry lovers.
This no bake blueberry cheesecake has a strong blueberry flavor and a buttery graham cracker crust. The blueberry sauce mixed into the cheesecake gives is its blueberry color and flavor while the sauce on top enhances the blueberry flavor. This no bake cheesecake recipe makes a perfect summer dessert.
Why This Recipe Works
- Graham cracker crust- This buttery, delicious crust is the perfect base for a cheesecake.
- No bake cheesecake- This cheesecake is super creamy and doesn't require your oven! It is an easy alternative to traditional cheesecake for cheesecake lovers.
- Blueberry topping- The blueberry pie filling on top makes this cheesecake look and taste so good.
- Easy recipe- This cheesecake is easier than making a baked cheesecake. It does require you to be gentle with the whipped cream, though.
- Blueberry flavor- This blueberry sauce is delicious and brings blueberry flavor throughout the cheesecake and and extra kick from some on top.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Blueberries- I chose frozen blueberries as they are available year-round and don't bleed as much when baking cakes or muffins. For this recipe fresh blueberries work just fine.
- Graham crackers- You can use graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, or digestive biscuits if you don't live in the U.S.
- Unsalted butter- Melt the butter for the crust. It can be hot butter, that is fine.
- Cream cheese- Use full-fat cream cheese. Pull this out 2 hours before baking to get to room temperature.
- Sour cream- Use full fat sour cream. Pull this out 2 hours before baking to get to room temperature.
- Heavy cream- Make sure this is cold! It needs to stay cold when whipping for best results.
- Powdered Sugar- Make sure to sift this first to avoid clumps.
- Blueberry Sauce- Making this is the first step of the recipe. You do not need to purchase this.
Step By Step Instructions: Blueberry Sauce and Graham Cracker Crust
Here is how to make and bake the blueberry sauce and graham cracker crust.
STEP 1: Heat blueberry sauce. Mix the blueberries, sugar, water, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Then heat it on the stove on medium heat until the juice is released and comes to a simmer.
STEP 2: Thicken blueberry sauce. Continue to cook the sauce for about 5 minutes until it has thickened. Then, pour it into a heat safe bowl and let it cool completely in the fridge.
If you are in a hurry you can use the freezer to speed up the cooling.
STEP 3: Prep pan. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking nonstick spray. Then, line the bottom with parchment paper and spray it again.
STEP 4: Mix crust. Use a blender or food processor to blend the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Then, mix the sugar and melted butter into the graham cracker crumbs with a fork.
STEP 5: Form crust. Pour the crumb mixture into the prepared pan and use your hands to press them into a crust up the sides of the pan. Next, use a measuring cup to compact the bottom of the crust.
STEP 6: Chill crust. Place the crust in the freezer to chill while you make the batter.
Step By Step Instructions - Blueberry Cheesecake
Here is how to make and bake this no bake blueberry cheesecake. This recipe calls for a stand mixer with whisk attachment. It also uses a hand mixer. If you only have 1 electric mixer you can beat the cream cheese first, then clean it and chill before the next step.
STEP 1: Chill whisk. Place a metal bowl of a stand mixer and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes.
STEP 2: Beat cream cheese and sugar. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed for 2 minutes until it is light and creamy. Then, add the vanilla extract, sour cream, and blueberry sauce. Mix them on low speed until they are combined. Remove it from the mixer.
STEP 3: Whip cream. Use the cold bowl and whisk attachment to beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
STEP 4: Combine. Pour half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold it in with a rubber spatula until it begins to combine. Then, ad the remaining whipped cream. Be very careful not to knock the air out of the whipped cream so the cheesecake sets correctly.
STEP 5: Chill cheesecake. Gently pour an even layer of the batter on top of the crust in the prepared pan. Cover the entire pan with aluminum foil and let it chill in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
STEP 6: Top and serve. Once it is fully chilled, remove the foil and take the cheesecake out of the springform pan and parchment paper.
Then, top it with the blueberry topping and serve!
Optional: Add ½ cup of fresh blueberries to the extra blueberry topping.
Expert Baking Tips
- To easily remove the cheesecake from the pan, spray the pan with baking nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a 9-inch parchment paper circle and spray again. It should come right out of the pan!
- Be very careful when you fold in the whipped cream. If you are too rough, it will be like adding 1 ⅓rd cups of heavy cream to the batter. It will not set.
- This cheesecake needs a long chill time, for it to set. Make sure to be patient!
You either overmixed the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Or it did not have long enough time to chill in the fridge.
Yes you can! Divide the recipe into thirds to make 12 mini cheesecakes. Use a muffin pan.
You can make a much thicker cheesecake using a 8-inch spring form pan. You can also divide the recipe in half to use an 8X8-inch square pan to make cheesecake bars.
Storing and Freezing
Store the no bake blueberry cheesecake in an airtight container like a cake carrier. Store up to 5 days in the fridge.
Freeze the cheesecake in individual slices using plastic wrap. Freeze up to 30 days and let thaw for 1-2 hours.
You can freeze the whole cheesecake before decorating. Chill the cheesecake overnight first in the fridge. Then, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze up to 30 days. Let thaw for 24 hours in the fridge before decorating.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 lb Blueberries Fresh or frozen. I used frozen
- ½ cup White granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs 2 packets of graham crackers. Or use any other biscuit.
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup Sour cream room temperature or use plain yogurt
- ⅔ cup Blueberry sauce cooled
- 1 ¼ cup Heavy cream cold
- ⅓ cup Powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepan, mix the blueberries, sugar, water, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Heat on medium heat until the juice release and it comes to a simmer.1 lb Blueberries, ½ cup White granulated sugar, ⅓ cup Water, 2 tablespoon Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Let it cook until thickened. This will take about 5 minutes. Pour into a heat safe bowl. Let it cool in the fridge completely. You can place in the freezer for a faster cooling process.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking non stick spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray again.
- Using a blender, blend the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Mix the sugar and melted butter into the crumbs using a fork.2 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup White granulated sugar, 10 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Pour the crumbs into the pan. Use your hands to press the crust up the sides of the pan. Then, use the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the bottom of the crust.
- Place in the freezer while you make the batter.
- Place a metal bowl with whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed for 2 minutes until light and creamy. Add the vanilla, sour cream, and blueberry sauce and mix on low until combined. Take off the mixer.24 oz Cream cheese, ½ cup White granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, ⅛ cup Sour cream, ⅔ cup Blueberry sauce
- Using the cold bowl, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.1 ¼ cup Heavy cream, ⅓ cup Powdered sugar
- Pour in half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the whipped cream until starting to combine. Then, add the rest of the whipped cream. Be very very gentle during this process, so you don't know the air out of the whipped cream. If you do, the cheesecake won't set.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan. Cover with foil and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Once chilled, take off the foil, springform pan, and parchment paper. Top with the remaining blueberry sauce. Optional: add an extra ½ cup of fresh blueberries to the sauce to add more blueberries.