These Oreo brownie cookies combine fudgy brownie with a cookie plus Oreos! They a a fudgy, chewy brownie cookies with crisp edges. They are full of chocolate chips, Oreo crumbs, and Oreo pieces. These are the ultimate chocolate cookie!
These Oreo brownie cookies are one of my favorite cookies I have ever made! It combines both Oreos and a brownie cookie. It is the best of both worlds!
You also need to try this small batch brownie recipe!
Why You Will Love This
- Easy to make- These brownies require very little chill time. They are very easy to make!
- Brownie cookie- This is a fudgy brownie cookie with a crackle brownie top.
- So many Oreos- There are both Oreo crumbs and Oreo pieces in these cookies.
- Double chocolate- There is cocoa powder and chocolate chips in these cookies.
- Semi-sweet chocolate bar- I used 2 of these bars. I got Lindt 70%. Get semi-sweet or dark chocolate. Don't use milk chocolate because it will be too sweet.
- Dutch process cocoa powder- Use dutch process for a more rich cookie. I used this one. If you use regular cocoa powder, it will have a lighter chocolate taste and color.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Egg yolk- The extra egg yolk adds more moisture and gives the cookie a fudgier texture.
- Chocolate chips- Use high quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. Don't use milk chocolate because it will be too sweet.
- Oreos- Use regular Oreos and not double stuff. Double stuff has too much moisture for these cookies.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make and bake these cookies.
STEP 1: Melt the chocolate. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan on low. As soon as it is melted, pour it into a bowl and cool before adding to the dough.
STEP 2: Mix dry ingredients. Make sure to use a sifter for the flour and cocoa powder to prevent flour lumps.
STEP 3: Beat the butter and sugars. Next, beat the butter and the sugars on high for 2 minutes. It needs to get light and fluffy.
STEP 4: Add vanilla and chocolate. Beat both of these into the butter and beat for 2 minutes. It will become lighter in color.
STEP 5: Add in eggs. Next, beat the eggs in as well. Beat on medium-high for 2 minutes. It will be very fluffy.
STEP 6: Mix in dry ingredients. Then, add in dry ingredients, Oreo crumbs, Oreo pieces, and chocolate chips.
STEP 7: Chill the dough. Chill the cookie dough while the oven is preheating. They need a short chill time. Take the dough out of the fridge as soon as the oven is ready.
STEP 8: Scoop the dough. Use a 3 oz cookie scoop and scoop a heaping cookie dough ball. (3.5oz ish).
STEP 9: Bake the cookies. Next, bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes. I baked mine for 14 minutes.
STEP 10: Decorate the cookies. This is optional, but top the cookies with Oreo pieces, Oreo crumbs, and more chocolate chips like mine.
The most important part when baking these cookies is really aerating the dough.
Each step with the wet ingredients get beaten well. Butter and sugars, vanilla and chocolate, and eggs all need to be beaten 2 minutes each.
What this does is add a bunch of air into the dough. This gives the cookies a bakery feel, they also become more of a chewy cookie.
Also, make sure to pull the butter and eggs out 2 hours before baking.
Yes you can. No need to take out the cream.
Yes you can. I love having large cookies, because the center is more chewy/fudgy. If you do a smaller cookie, bake for 8-11 minutes.
The cookies are best baked right away. If you chill overnight, the chocolate that was melted, will harden. This will make scooping the dough impossible when the dough is cold. If you need to chill overnight, scoop the dough first.
Storing and Freezing
Store these Oreo brownie cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature. Store up to 5 days.
Freeze the cookies by storing in an airtight container. Freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before eating.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Oreo Brownie Cookies
- 8 oz Semi-sweet quality chocolate melted. I use Lindt 70% chocolate.
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ⅓ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Chocolate chips semi-sweet or dark
- 1 cup Oreo pieces small and medium size pieces.
- ¼ cup Oreo crumbs
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate until just melted. Pour the chocolate into a bowl and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Use a blender to blend the Oreos into crumbs. Then, use it to make Oreo pieces.8 oz Semi-sweet quality chocolate, 1 cup Oreo pieces, ¼ cup Oreo crumbs
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour and cocoa powder. Add in baking powder and salt.1 cup All-purpose flour, ⅓ cup Dutch process cocoa powder, 1 ¼ teaspoon Baking powder, 1 teaspoon Salt
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar on high for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl and add in vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat on medium-high for 2 minutes.½ cup Unsalted butter, 1 cup Brown sugar, ⅓ cup White granulated sugar, 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Add in eggs and egg yolk and mix on medium-high for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl. Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low. Scrape the bowl and add in chocolate chips, Oreo crumbs, and Oreo pieces. Mix on low until just combined.2 Large eggs, 1 Egg yolk, 1 ¼ cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookie dough in the fridge to cool until the oven is done preheating. The cookies need a short chill time. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a heaping 3oz cookie scoop. The cookies should be 3.5oz in weight. Scoop 6 cookie dough balls per cookie sheet. It will make 16 large cookies.
- Bake 1 pan at a time for 13-15 minutes. Top the cookies with large Oreo pieces, extra chocolate chips, and *optional sprinkle of Oreo crumbs. Let it sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before enjoying.