This no bake vanilla cheesecake is the perfect no bake cheesecake. It has a buttery graham cracker crust, with a creamy vanilla no bake cheesecake. It is topped with fresh strawberries, or your choice of topping!
This no bake vanilla cheesecake is the perfect cheesecake to make for a special occasion like the holidays or for the summer. This option is great if you don't want a baked cheesecake and you don't want to turn the oven on.
The best part about this cheesecake is that it can be topped with anything! I made this during the summer, so I topped it with fresh strawberries.
Why This Recipe Works
- Graham cracker crust- This crust is super buttery and makes the perfect crust to go with this cheesecake.
- No bake cheesecake- This cheesecake has the creamiest texture!
- Easy to make- This cheesecake is a lot easier to make than a baked cheesecake. It does require an overnight chill time however.
- Fun toppings- You can top this cheesecake with anything you would like!
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Graham crackers- You can use graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, or digestive biscuits if you don't live in the U.S.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Unsalted butter- Melt the butter for the crust. It can be hot butter, that is fine.
- Cream cheese- Use full fat cream cheese. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Sour cream- Use full fat sour cream. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Heavy cream- Make sure this is cold!
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make this cheesecake. This recipe uses two large bowls, stand mixer with a paddle attachment and a whisk attachment, or an electric mixer (hand mixer). It also use a 9-inch springform pan.
STEP 1: Make the crust. First, blend the graham crackers using a food processor to blend to fine crumbs. Then, in a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
Pour the crust into the springform tin. Use your hands to press the crust halfway up the sides of the pan. Then, use the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the crust.
STEP 2: Freeze. Freeze the crust while you make the cheesecake batter. This will chill the butter and prevent the cheesecake from leaking through the crust.
STEP 3: Beat the cream cheese. In a large bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese on high speed for 1 minute. Then, add in the white sugar, vanilla extract, and sour cream.
STEP 4: Make the whipped cream. First, freeze a metal bowl and whisk attachments for 10 minutes so it is really cold. Then, beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
STEP 5: Fold the batter. Pour the whipped cream on top of the cream cheese mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold it in. Be very gentle, so you don't knock the air out of the whipped cream.
STEP 6: Chill. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan and smooth it until the top is even. Then, chill for at least 6 hours but preferably overnight so it sets.
STEP 7: Decorate. Remove the springform pan and decorate the cheesecake with your favorite topping.
Here are some examples of what you can top the cheesecake with:
- Salted caramel. This snickers cheesecake uses salted caramel.
- Fresh berries or fresh fruit.
- Strawberry sauce. Use this recipe.
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate ganache
Expert Baking Tips
- To easily remove the cheesecake from the pan, spray the pan with baking nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a 9-inch parchment paper circle and spray again. It should come right out of the pan!
- Be very careful when you fold in the whipped cream. If you are too rough, it will be like adding 1 ⅓rd cups of heavy cream to the batter. It will not set.
- This cheesecake needs a long chill time, for it to set. Make sure to be patient!
You either overmixed the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Or it did not have long enough time to chill in the fridge.
Yes you can! Divide the recipe into thirds to make 12 mini cheesecakes. Use a muffin pan.
You can make a much thicker cheesecake using a 8-inch spring form pan. You can also divide the recipe in half to use an 8X8-inch square pan to make cheesecake bars.
Storing and Freezing
Store the no bake vanilla cheesecake in an airtight container like a cake carrier. Store up to 5 days in the fridge.
Freeze the cheesecake in individual slices using plastic wrap. Freeze up to 30 days and let thaw for 1-2 hours.
You can freeze the whole cheesecake before decorating. Chill the cheesecake overnight first in the fridge. Then, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze up to 30 days. Let thaw for 24 hours in the fridge before decorating.
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Try
No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 ¼ cup Graham cracker crumbs 2 sleeves of crackers fine crumb
- ¼ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 10 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Sour cream room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cup Heavy cream cold
- ⅓ cup Powdered sugar
Graham Cracker Crust
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking nonstick spray. Line the bottom with 9-inch parchment paper circle and spray again.
- Using a food processor, blend the graham crackers into a fine crumb. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter with a fork.2 ¼ cup Graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup Brown sugar, 10 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Pour the crumbs into the pan. Use your hands to press the crumbs halfway up the sides of the pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the crust.
- Place in the freezer while you make the cheesecake batter.
- Place a metal bowl with whisk attachments in the freezer for 10 minutes to get really cold.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. Add in the sugar and beat again for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl and add the vanilla and sour cream and mix on medium until smooth.24 oz Cream cheese, ½ cup White granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract, ¼ cup Sour cream
- Using the cold bowl, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.1 ⅓ cup Heavy cream, ⅓ cup Powdered sugar
- Add half of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture. Use a rubber spatula and gently fold it in until half way mixed in. Add the rest of the whipped cream and fold until combined. Be very gentle to not knock out the air from the whipped cream.
- Pour the batter on top of the crust. Cover with aluminum foil and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the pan after the cheesecake chills. Top with your favorite topping before serving.