These white chip double chocolate cookies are chewy and fudgy chocolate cookies. These cookies are inside out chocolate chip cookies. They are filled with both white chocolate chips and chocolate chips. If you love double chocolate chip cookies, you will love these!
These cookies are a serious chocolate cookie. Not only are they fudgy chocolate cookies made with cocoa powder, there is also melted chocolate in the dough too. Then, they are full of white chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips.
Why You Will Love This
- Chewy chocolate cookies- The cookie itself is full of both cocoa powder and melted chocolate.
- White chocolate chips- They are full of white chocolate chips.
- Double chocolate chip cookies- There are also regular chocolate chips in this cookie recipe too!
- Easy to make- The cookie recipe does require a 30 minute chill, but they are so easy to make.
- Chocolate lovers- This recipe is perfect for chocolate lovers. They are so rich.
- Cocoa powder- For a darker chocolate cookie, I used this cocoa powder. Dutch-process cocoa powder will give these cookies a richer chocolate flavor.
- Cornstarch- This gives the cookies a chewier texture.
- Unsalted Butter- Pull this out 2 hours before baking. It needs to be softened room temperature butter.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Egg- Pull these out 2 hours before baking.
- Egg yolk- The extra egg yolk gives the cookies a chewier texture.
- Chocolate- I used Lindt 70% semi-sweet chocolate
- White chocolate chips- I strongly recommend Ghirardelli white chocolate chips. They are a true white chocolate chip. Other brands are actually vanilla white chips.
- Chocolate chips- You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips. Don't use milk chocolate because it will be too sweet.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake these chewy cookies. Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer (stand mixer).
STEP 1: Melt chocolate. First, melt the chocolate so it can cool slightly before mixing into your batter.
STEP 2: Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes in large mixing bowl. The butter will be very light in color. Next, add in vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Beat again for 2 minutes on medium speed.
STEP 3: Add in egg and egg yolk. After adding those in, beat on high for 1 minute. The batter will be very fluffy.
STEP 4: Add in dry ingredients. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, white chocolate chips, and chocolate chips on low speed. The dough will be soft.
Make sure to sift the all-purpose flour to prevent any flour lumps getting into the dough.
STEP 5: Chill the dough. Next, chill the dough for 30 minutes.
STEP 6: Bake the cookies. Use a 3 oz cookie scoop to scoop large cookies. Bake for 13-15 minutes on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake 6 chocolate cookie dough balls at a time.
Then, top with extra white chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips. Make sure to cool the cookies on a cooling rack or wire rack.
The cookie dough needs to properly aerate to make them into a very chewy texture. Make sure to set a timer while it beats.
The cookie dough does need to chill to prevent over spreading. Chilling the dough will help to solidify the butter which leads to less spread.
Another tip to prevent spreading is always baking your cookies on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Baking the cookies on the plain cookie sheet or with a silicone baking mat will cause the cookies to over spread.
Yes you can. The dough will be very hard the next day from it being cold. Let it sit for 1 hour until you can easily scoop the dough to bake it.
Yes you can. I recommend letting the dough chill for 30 minutes, then scoop the dough. Then, freeze the cookie dough balls up to 30 days. Wrap them in plastic wrap. You can bake right from frozen, just add a few extra minutes to the bake time.
Yes! Use a 1 oz cookie scoop and bake for 8-11 minutes.
Storing and Freezing
Store these chewy white chip double chocolate cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Store up to 5 days.
Freeze the baked cookies in an airtight container up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before eating.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
White Chip Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz Semi sweet chocolate Chopped and melted
- 1 Large egg room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup White chocolate chips ghirardelli brand
- ¾ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.1 cup All-purpose flour, ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon Cornstarch, 1 teaspoon Baking soda, 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chopped chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir well. Heat for 20 seconds. Stir well. Heat for 15 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Set aside.2 oz Semi sweet chocolate
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together for 2 minutes on high. Butter should be smooth and fluffy. Add in vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat on high for 2 minutes.¾ cup Unsalted butter, ¾ cup Brown sugar, ¼ cup White granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 2 oz Semi sweet chocolate
- Then, add in egg and egg yolk. Beat on high for 1 minute.1 Large egg, 1 Egg yolk
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Add in the white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The dough should be thick but wet.1 ¼ cup White chocolate chips, ¾ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3oz) and scoop the dough directly on the cookie sheet. Separate cookie dough 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 6 per cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Since it is chocolate it will be hard to tell when it is done. The edges should be set and slightly firm. If it is too hard, then it is over baked. Let the cookies chill on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Top with extra chocolate chips.