These Oreo donuts are super fluffy baked donuts made with black cocoa and Oreo crumbs. The donuts are topped with a chocolate Oreo glaze. They are super easy to make.
These baked Oreo doughnuts are better than regular chocolate donuts because of the crushed Oreo cookies in the donuts and in the glaze. Make these with your kids or for your favorite Oreo lovers. This is the best baked donut recipe!
For more Oreo recipes, try Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oreo Cheesecake, and Oreo Cupcakes.
Why You Will Love This
- Best Oreo donuts- These donuts take the best of baked chocolate donuts and up the game with Oreos in the donut and the glaze!
- Easy recipe- These donuts don't need an electric mixer or a deep fryer, or hot oil. All you need is a whisk!
- Great for breakfast- This is a donut, so you have my permission to eat them for breakfast!
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Eggs- Pull the large eggs out 2 hours before baking to reach room temperature.
- Unsalted butter- It needs to be melted and cooled.
- Chocolate chips- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. I don't recommend milk chocolate chips, because it will be too sweet.
- Buttermilk- you can also use full fat sour cream or greek yogurt. Pull this out 2 hours before baking to reach room temperature.
- Oreos- I recommend making the Oreo crushed Oreos in a food processor. They can be made with a Ziplock bag and rolling pin instead. Save Oreo pieces for decorating.
Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake these donuts. This recipe doesn't need an electric mixer!
STEP 1: Mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, black cocoa powder, crushed Oreos, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
STEP 2: Mix the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla extract, white sugar, buttermilk, and melted butter.
STEP 3: Pour. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Use a whisk to mix until just combined. Then, scoop the batter into a piping bag. I used this 18-inch piping bag to fit it all in.
STEP 4: Bake. Pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan. It should fill ⅔rds full. Bake for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the donuts sit in the hot pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
STEP 5: Make the glaze. In a microwaveable small bowl, pour in the chocolate chips and milk. Heat in the microwave for 20 second intervals and stir until they it is combined.
Next, add the Oreo crumbs and the extra 3 Tablespoons of milk and mix until is smooth.
STEP 6: Dunk. Dunk the tops of the donuts into the glaze and top doughnut with extra Oreo cookie pieces. Let it dry on a cooling rack.
Expert Baking Tips
- Flour- Make sure the flour is spooned and leveled. If you stick the measuring cup directly into the flour, it will compact the flour. Compacted flour can cause the donuts to be dry.
- Make sure to spray the donut pans with baking nonstick spray first.
- When you are piping the donut batter into the pan, it can be still a little uneven. To prevent this, use your finger to smooth out the batter like my picture above.
- Place a cookie sheet under the wire rack to catch any glaze that drips off.
You can make these into muffins. Use a muffin pan with muffin liners. Bake for the same amount of time. Dip the muffins into the glaze.
Yes you can. Freeze the cooled donuts and wrap in cling wrap. Freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before glazing.
I have not recipe tested this. If you make these with no eggs, let me know.
Storing and Freezing
Store these Oreo donuts in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
These donuts taste best fresh. The donuts can have the glaze melt a little in an airtight container.
Once you have cooled the baked Oreo donuts you can freeze them before decorating them. Thaw them for 1 hour before glazing them.
Other Oreo Recipes To Try
Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you loved this recipe! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @stephaniesweettreats. To get more ideas follow me on Pinterest.
Chocolate Cake Donuts
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Black cocoa powder or use dutch process cocoa powder
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs 4 oreos blended into a fine crumb
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- ½ cup Buttermilk room temperature. Or sour cream or greek yogurt.
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted and cooled.
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoon Milk or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoon Oreo crumbs plus extra to top the donuts
- Oreo pieces for topping the donuts.
Chocolate Cake Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two donut pan with baking nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, black cocoa powder, Oreo crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.1 cup All-purpose flour, ½ cup Black cocoa powder, ½ cup Oreo crumbs, ½ teaspoon Baking powder, ½ teaspoon Baking soda, ½ teaspoon Salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla, sugar, buttermilk, and melted butter (needs to be cooled to room temperature first). Pour the wet ingredients on top of the dry and mix until just combined.2 Large eggs, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, ¾ cup White granulated sugar, ½ cup Buttermilk, 5 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Pour the batter into a piping bag and cut off the end. Pipe the cake batter into the donut pan about ½ full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them sit in the hot pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a glass measuring cup, add the chocolate chips and milk. Heat in the microwave for 20 second intervals stirring well between each interval.1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips, 4 tablespoon Milk
- Once the glaze is completely melted, pour into a bowl that is wide enough to dip the donuts in. Add the Oreo crumbs. Then, add the extra milk to thin the glaze.2 tablespoon Oreo crumbs, 3 tablespoon Milk
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and place on a cooling rack. Top with extra Oreo pieces and Oreo crumbs.Oreo pieces
Leave a Reply