This cinnamon roll cheesecake tastes just like a homemade cinnamon roll! It has a graham cracker crust, baked cheesecake, and three layers of cinnamon filling. The cheesecake is topped with a glaze and mini cinnamon rolls. This a must bake for the holidays.
This cinnamon roll cheesecake honestly tastes just like a homemade cinnamon roll in cheesecake form. There are so many layers of cinnamon filling!
This cheesecake is creamy, dense, and fluffy all at the same time.
Why You Will Love This
- Creamy texture- This is the creamiest cheesecake! I have tips below on how to make it so creamy.
- Graham cracker crust- This cheesecake has a classic graham cracker crust.
- Baked cheesecake- The cheesecake is baked. It is best chilled overnight.
- Cinnamon filling- There are three layers of cinnamon filling.
- Glaze- There is a glaze on top of this cheesecake.
- Room temperature dairy ingredients- Pull these out 2 hours before baking.
- Graham crackers- This uses two full packets of graham crackers.
- Brown sugar- I used light brown sugar.
- Cream cheese- Use full fat cream cheese.
- Sour cream- Use full fat sour cream.
- Heavy cream- You can use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
- Mini cinnamon rolls- I got these at my local grocery store.
- Graham crackers- You can also use teddy grahams, nilla wafers, or digestive biscuits.
- Sour cream- You can substitute greek yogurt.
- Milk- You can use whatever milk you would like.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make and bake this cheesecake.
STEP 1: Graham cracker crust. Blend the graham crackers using a blender. Mix with butter and brown sugar. Press the crust into a 9 inch springform pan.
STEP 2: Bake the crust. Bake the crust for 12 minutes. This prevents a soggy crust.
STEP 3: Cheesecake batter. Beat the cream and sugar together. Then, add in the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Next, add in the eggs on low.
STEP 4: Cinnamon Filling. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and melted butter.
STEP 5: Pour the cheesecake batter. Pour a third of the batter on top of the crust. Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon filling on the cheesecake. Repeat with the rest of the layers.
STEP 6: Swirl the cinnamon filling. Use a toothpick to swirl the cinnamon layer on top.
STEP 7: Bake the cheesecake. Use a water bath and bake for 75-95 minutes. This cheesecake takes a little longer to bake with the cinnamon filling. Bake until the edges are set and the middle has a slight jiggle.
STEP 8: Chill the cheesecake. Chill the cheesecake overnight or 6 hours.
STEP 9: Pour the glaze. Drizzle the glaze on top of the chilled cheesecake.
Here are all my tips to get the best cheesecake consistency with no cracks.
First, all of the ingredients need to be pulled out 2 hours before. This part is so important to get a creamy consistency.
Beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. Set the timer and let it beat. Then, add in the sugar and beat again.
After every single step, scrape the bowl. This helps to make sure everything is combined, and no chunks of cream cheese remain at the bottom.
Then, add in the wet ingredients. Beat on high until very creamy.
This next part is where it needs to use as little air as possible. Add in the eggs and mix until just combined.
Too much air will cause the cheesecake to rise fast in the oven and then collapse, which causes cracks.
Use a water bath. This is very important!
I tried putting a roasting pan of water in the bottom rack with cheesecake above. The cheesecake dried out because the moisture wasn't surrounding it the same.
Use one of the 2 water bath techniques that I mention in the recipe.
Yes you can. After the cheesecake chills for at least 6 hours, take it out of the pan. Then, wrap tightly and freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1-2 hours before decorating and enjoying.
Yes you can. Divide the recipe in half and follow this cookie dough cheesecake bars recipe.
I have not recipe tested this. If you make this with an egg substitute, let me know.
Storing and Freezing
Store this cinnamon roll cheesecake in the fridge in an airtight container. It will last up to 5 days.
Freeze this cheesecake into individual slices. Wrap each slice in cling wrap and store in an airtight container. Freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before enjoying.
Other Cheesecake Recipe To Try
Make sure to leave me a star review below!
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs fine crumb
- ⅛ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 9 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- ½ cup Sour cream room temperature
- ¼ cup Heavy cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 3 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoon Milk
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking non-stick spray. Line the bottom with a 9 inch parchment circle and spray again. Set aside.
- Use a food processor/blender to blend graham crackers into a fine crumb. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Mix with a fork.⅛ cup Brown sugar, 9 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Pour crumbs into the springform pan. Line the bottom and the side of the pan with the crumbs. Go halfway up the side. Compact the crust using the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl. Add in the sugar and beat again for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.24 oz Cream cheese, ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- Add in sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Mix until combined on high. Add in the eggs one at a time. Mix on low until just combined. Make sure to scrape the bowl, so it is all combined.½ cup Sour cream, ¼ cup Heavy cream, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract, 3 Large eggs
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and melted butter together until wet and combined. Use your fingers to break away any clumps.1 ¼ cup Brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon, ½ cup All-purpose flour, ⅓ cup Unsalted butter
- Pour a third of the cheesecake batter into the pan. Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon filling on top. Pour another third of batter on top. Sprinkle more cinnamon filling. Top with the rest of the cheesecake batter and the cinnamon filling. Use a toothpick to swirl in the cinnamon. Be very gentle to not to disturb the other layers.
- Prepare a water bath. Do 1 of the 2 options. You will need hot boiling water and a large roasting pan.1. Place the springform pan into a 10 inch cake pan. Place both in the roasting pan. Fill with hot water until it goes up halfway up the cake pan.2. Wrap the springform pan twice tightly in foil. Place the pan in the roasting. Fill it up halfway with hot water.
- Bake for 75-95 minutes. The cheesecake is done baking when the edges are set and the middle has a slight jiggle. If it jiggles too much, bake for 10 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the oven, crack open the door, and let it sit for 30 minutes to cool down slowly. Then, transfer pan to the cooling rack. Let it cool completely.
- Wrap in foil and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Take the cheesecake out of the pan and remove the parchment circle. In a small bowl, sift the powdered sugar and whisk in the milk. It should be a thin consistency.1 cup Powdered sugar, 2 tablespoon Milk
- Drizzle on top of the cheesecake. Optional: Get mini cinnamon rolls from the store and top with those.