These strawberry glazed donuts are baked vanilla donuts that are incredibly fluffy. They are topped with a homemade strawberry glaze that uses fresh strawberries. No mixer is needed for this recipe!
These strawberry glazed donuts are seriously so easy to make. The don't need a mixer and can be made using bowls and a whisk. Easy peasy.
My favorite part about these donuts is the glaze. It is a naturally pink glaze from the fresh strawberry puree. It goes so well with the vanilla donuts.
Why This Strawberry Glazed Donut Recipe Works
- Fluffy vanilla donuts- These donuts are mega fluffy and soft cake donuts.
- Baked donuts- These donuts are baked in a donut pan. You can make them as muffins in a 12-cup muffin pan instead if you don't have a donut pan.
- Strawberry glaze- The glaze is made from simple ingredients. A strawberry puree, powdered sugar, and milk.
Step By Step Recipe Video
Ingredient Notes for Strawberry Donuts
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Ground nutmeg- This adds just a little bit of flavor.
- Eggs- Pull the large eggs out 2 hours before baking.
- Milk- I recommend using whole or 2% milk. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Sour cream- Use full fat sour cream or greek yogurt. Pull this out 2 hours before baking.
- Unsalted butter- It needs to be melted and cooled.
- Strawberries- Use fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries that is thawed completely.
- Powdered sugar- Make sure the powdered sugar is sifted.
- Dairy free- You can use your favorite dairy free options for this recipe!
- Gluten free- I haven't tested this gluten free. Let me know if you do.
- Strawberries- You can use grounded freeze dried strawberries for the glaze.
Step By Step Instructions- Vanilla Donuts and Strawberry Glaze
Here is how to make and bake these donuts. This recipe doesn't need an electric mixer!
STEP 1: Mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pinch of nutmeg.
STEP 2: Mix the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the white sugar, eggs, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
STEP 3: Pour. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Use a whisk to mix until just combined. Then, scoop the batter into a piping bag. I used this 18-inch piping bag to fit it all in.
STEP 4: Bake. Pipe the batter into the donut pans. It should fill ⅔rds full. Bake for 10-13 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the donuts sit in the hot pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
STEP 5: Blend. Next, blend the strawberries into a smooth puree, I kept all the seeds.
STEP 6: Mix. In a small bowl, pour in the pureed strawberries. Then, add half of the powdered sugar. Adding half at a time makes sure it gets mixed in smoothly.
Next, add the rest of the powdered sugar and the milk.
STEP 7: Dunk. Dunk the tops of the donuts into the glaze and let it dry on a cooling rack.
Expert Baking Tips
- Flour- Make sure the flour is spooned and leveled. If you stick the measuring cup directly into the flour, it will compact the flour. Compacted flour can cause the donuts to be dry.
- Make sure to spray the donut pans with baking nonstick spray first.
- When you are piping the donut batter into the pan, it can be still a little uneven. To prevent this, use your finger to smooth out the batter like my picture above.
- Place a cookie sheet under the wire rack to catch any glaze that drips off.
You can make these into muffins. Use a muffin pan with muffin liners. Bake for the same amount of time. Dip the muffins into the glaze.
Yes you can. Freeze the cooled donuts and wrap in cling wrap. Freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before glazing.
I have not recipe tested this. If you make these with no eggs, let me know.
- You can add freeze dried strawberries to the donut batter to make strawberry donuts
- You can also add ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to make chocolate strawberry donuts
- Donut pan- Here are the donut pans I use.
- Baking spray: I use the nonstick spray that has flour in it.
Store these strawberry glazed donuts in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
These donuts taste best fresh. The donuts can have the glaze melt a little in an airtight container.
Other Breakfast Recipes To Try
Try These Strawberry Recipes
Strawberry Glazed Donuts
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- ⅔ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- ½ cups Milk room temperature
- ½ cup Sour cream room temperature or greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Strawberries washed and quartered
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two donut pans with baking non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.2 cups All-purpose flour, 2 teaspoon Baking powder, ½ teaspoon Baking soda, 1 teaspoon Salt, Pinch of Nutmeg
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, eggs, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla.⅔ cup White granulated sugar, 2 Large eggs, ½ cups Milk, ½ cup Sour cream, 4 tablespoon Unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag (or ziplock bag) and pipe the batter into the donut pan. it should be ⅔rds full of batter. See picture in blog post.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the donuts sit in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Pour the cut strawberries into the food processor and blend until pureed. Pour the puree into a small bowl. Add half of the powdered sugar. Mix until combined.½ cup Strawberries, 2 cups Powdered sugar
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix. It should be thick before adding the milk. Add in the milk and mix until the glaze is thin enough for the donuts, but thick enough to stay on the donuts and not run all the way off. If it is too thin, add extra powdered sugar.1 tablespoon Milk
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and let it dry on the cooling rack.